Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebron on an unbelievable tear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan is still better than LeBron. He was already a top 3 player of all time after Chicago won their 3rd NBA Championship in 1993. I think LeBron will be a top 5 player of all time, but he still needs a couple of Finals MVP, and a dominant post season performance.

Comment

LOL Gary Payton=Tony Allen

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
        LOL Gary Payton=Tony Allen
        in terms of 1on1 defense.... yes.

maybe you should look up some classic basketball games on youtube instead of going along with what other ppl say.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
          in terms of 1on1 defense.... yes.

maybe you should look up some classic basketball games on youtube instead of going along with what other ppl say.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Like many other folks, I always said that Lebron needed to leave Cleveland for his own good. He left, and he's exploding the heck out of his talents.

Good for him.
            Signing with the Miami Heat is the best decision in his NBA Career. Just look at the record of the Cavaliers in the last 3 seasons. They have a Super Sop****re in Kyrie Irving, but they are still a lottery team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Tyson23 View Post
              Signing with the Miami Heat is the best decision in his NBA Career. Just look at the record of the Cavaliers in the last 3 seasons. They have a Super Sop****re in Kyrie Irving, but they are still a lottery team.
              No doubt. While with Cleve I thought he was just being courteous by passing the ball around and being patient.

Then after a while I saw L wanted to bust loose on the court but was being stifled by a serious lack overall talent on that team.

And everyone knew he had the talent to outshine his peers by a country mile.

There's no telling what would've been had he stayed with Cleveland.

Comment

I'm 32 years old(4 years older than you) so I've lived through the Jordan era. Not only did I watch those games back then but I still watch a lot of classic games now. In the past 5-6 years I've probably seen at least 100 classic games. And not just highlights, like the actual games from start to finish.

So I'm well aware of everything from that era.

the only player that still impresses me from the 80's is Jordan. Honestly haven't been impressed with any other player. Can't imagine a lot of the legends from those days would even be all-stars today.

Well naming Scottie Pippen goes against your point cuz he played WITH Jordan and would actually guard the best player on the other team so that Jordan wouldn't have to.

Yes Gary Payton was a great defender. I would put Tony Allen at the same level as him. Gary Payton is the ONLY player that ever gave Jordan trouble on defense. Even though Payton was a great defender, he was also a skinny 6'4 PG so Jordan should have been able to handle him easy but he couldn't. Always had trouble scoring when he went up against the glove.

That's like Lebron having trouble scoring against a 6'6 200 lbs SG. That would never happen.

So Dr. J, Magic, Bird, Isiah Thomas, Mchale, Worthy, etc. would be bums in today's NBA? Okay. GP=TA haha. Who is the best defender that LeBron has ever had to go up against? Has LeBron ever faced a defender on the level of a GP or Pippen? Do you think LeBron is better than Jordan?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post

So Dr. J, Magic, Bird, Isiah Thomas, Mchale, Worthy, etc. would be bums in today's NBA? Okay. GP=TA haha. Who is the best defender that LeBron has ever had to go up against? Has LeBron ever faced a defender on the level of a GP or Pippen? Do you think LeBron is better than Jordan?
                  I never said GP=TA.

and Lebron faces WAY more great defenders than Jordan had to in his day. Durant, Gay, Artest, Deng, Batum, Prince, Marion, Gerald Wallace, Battier, Igoudala, Sefolosha..... those are just the really good defenders at Lebron's position that he has to face 1on1 every night.

Jordan faced that level of 1on1 D MAYBE once or twice a season.

That's why most legends if playing today would not be all-stars cuz they would be facing a much higher level of defense on a far more frequent basis.

Comment

whats next, Larry Bird=Kyle Korver?

Comment

I never said GP=TA.

and Lebron faces WAY more great defenders than Jordan had to in his day. Durant, Gay, Artest, Deng, Batum, Prince, Marion, Gerald Wallace, Battier, Igoudala, Sefolosha..... those are just the really good defenders at Lebron's position that he has to face 1on1 every night.

Jordan faced that level of 1on1 D MAYBE once or twice a season.

That's why most legends if playing today would not be all-stars cuz they would be facing a much higher level of defense on a far more frequent basis.
                      LOL Lebron must be feeling superior by now, imagine what kind of defense he's been facing on a nightly basis

no wonder Jordan has won 6 rings guarded by bums like Dumars, Payton, D.Harper, Rodman,
                      Ehlo, G.Wilkins, Drexler, Stockton, Starks, Doc Rivers, McDaniel, Ron Harper,

Comment

Working...
                      X