No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado: Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado: Predictions

With the impending war between Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and "Mile High" Mike Alvarado just a week away, thought I would start a thread about outcome predictions.

IMO, I think that this is going to be a tougher fight for Rios than a lot of people believe. It's his first time fighting officially at 140, and lets face it...Alvarado is tougher than a coffin nail. It's going to be interesting to see how Brandon deals with a full fledged, undefeated puncher in the light welterweight division. We all know that Rios has a pretty good chin and packs a wallop himself, but he's coming off a pretty poor performance against Abril, and I think this will be his toughest opponent to date. If he doesn't struggle with weight and comes in healthy, this definitely has potential to be a fight of the year candidate.

With that being said though, I actually think that Brandon is the more technically sound fighter...in no way am I saying that he's a well oiled technician in there...but when he fights on the inside (which will be for most of the fight probably), I think he'll know how to handle himself a little better than Alvarado. I think his defense is underrated...yes, his head movement could be a little better, but he has a good method of keeping his hands up and using his offense as defense.

Thus, IMO, I have Rios winning via TKO in the later rounds. I think it's going to be an all out brawl, but by the 8th-9th round, I think the momentum is going to tip in Brandon's favor and it's just a matter of time before he stops Alvarado. I'm sure he's going to take a lot of leather to get there, but that's my prediction. Interested to see what you guys think!

Originally posted by 1moreround View Post
    With the impending war between Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and "Mile High" Mike Alvarado just a week away, thought I would start a thread about outcome predictions.

IMO, I think that this is going to be a tougher fight for Rios than a lot of people believe. It's his first time fighting officially at 140, and lets face it...Alvarado is tougher than a coffin nail. It's going to be interesting to see how Brandon deals with a full fledged, undefeated puncher in the light welterweight division. We all know that Rios has a pretty good chin and packs a wallop himself, but he's coming off a pretty poor performance against Abril, and I think this will be his toughest opponent to date. If he doesn't struggle with weight and comes in healthy, this definitely has potential to be a fight of the year candidate.

With that being said though, I actually think that Brandon is the more technically sound fighter...in no way am I saying that he's a well oiled technician in there...but when he fights on the inside (which will be for most of the fight probably), I think he'll know how to handle himself a little better than Alvarado. I think his defense is underrated...yes, his head movement could be a little better, but he has a good method of keeping his hands up and using his offense as defense.

Thus, IMO, I have Rios winning via TKO in the later rounds. I think it's going to be an all out brawl, but by the 8th-9th round, I think the momentum is going to tip in Brandon's favor and it's just a matter of time before he stops Alvarado. I'm sure he's going to take a lot of leather to get there, but that's my prediction. Interested to see what you guys think!
    I agree with what you said 100%. There is no need for me to say how I think the fight would go or why, because you have already done that. I pick Rios by late round KO but Alvarado is good enough that I won't be shocked if he wins.

Comment

Add a poll bro.

But yeah I can't call out a clear winner in this war. It can go either way, can't wait

Comment

Toss up fight since they both looked vulnerable their past couple of fights..Alvarado was getting hammered by Prescott before he gassed and Rios was getting out-boxed by Abril. Biggest fight for either guy..its a rarity two prime undefeated fighters go at it

Comment

Working...
        X