No announcement yet.

Galaxy S3 beats iPhone 5 for best device of 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    actually it's because of my slightly longer fingers i enjoy texting with one hand on an iphone. the spacing between the letters allows for more accurate typing, apple has patented this keyboard design and if going by reviews u'll find the iphone still offering the best texting experience. the same goes for the autocorrect function. on a note: swiping is not more accurate

i believe the problem u've been experiencing is due to having an older iphone with a newer OS. my iphone 4 showed these problems at the end of its cycle but when upgraded to the 5 i havent experienced these issues anymore. the same thing applied when my ex gf upgraded from her galaxy ace to the s3

i really don't but i understand where u're coming from. i love the simplicity of all apple devices i own because it allows me to do what i want when i want to without having to tweak things beforehand. one could say the iphone 5 already meets my needs so that nullifies the advantage of being able to customize options and settings

that was kinda ur choice to begin with, i buy my apps because i for one dont mind spending 80 cts on something i'll enjoy for months or even years to come

this is just funny
    On the larger 4.7 Inch S3 screen (More width importantly), there is no need for spacing. The larger keys mean you do not miss. As for the texting experience, a blackberry is most likely the best and thus is why a lot of people still have them. Along with the Blackberry messenger being an excellence tool, especially for it's time when you think what was around years a go. I haven't even looked at the polls for typing, but I do know that I, along with many people suffered from such a small width. I also know that SwiftKey3 or Touchpal are excellent at giving suggestions and saving time. You can also change the colour to what you prefer if it helps you see better.

Apple fans act like customisation is not a good thing at times. It is indeed a great thing. The option is there to keep it stock, but you can change small things like the skin. Why not? If you have a laptop, do you keep the same desktop forever? Maybe, but why would it be a bad thing to have the option to change it.

My boss has the I Phone 5, I told him to show me what was good about it. From what he showed me, the phone is just a slightly faster I Phone 4s with a larger screen. That did not impress me.

The I Phone 4 met my needs when I had it. That was because I didn't know what other phones had to offer. I have always had the best phones at the time from the first Ericson colour phone, to the first coloured video calling phone made by 3 in the UK, a Samsung D300, to a Sony W95i for the best music. Then I jumped onto a Nokia N95 which had the bets camera at 5 MP in 2007? Samsung Tocco in 2008 was the Olympic phone. It wasn't as good as my GF's IPhone generation 1 but I didn't like the fact that there was no MMS and bluetooth which was still very much in use at that time. The Tocco was a touch screen too and I liked the widgets. The I Phone was good in 2010, when it was still fairly revolutionary. I thought let me have a look, but was amazed when I saw someone show me the S2. It got me thinking.

I love how the S3 has loads of small things. A few exampels: You can cap internet use to MB's. You can set it so when you're done with an app, it completely disappears from the taskbar. You can block callers by entering numbers (sales calls). You have flash still (May have stopped developing but last update was 12.12.12) which is great because I use forums and people link to flash sites.

The only advantage I see with Apple are the apps, but then again 99% of the apps that are useful or made by big companies are on the Google Play store. It's the crappy ones that aren't which I don't use.

I love how Google has made things on the net / browsers as opposed to realying on software. I can store my music on Google music. I can store my spreadsheets and files on Drive. I can update or delete my apps in the Google play store by using a browser and not a software like I Tunes which I hate. I love how I have my apps forever, yes forever just like you. The Play store is forever, and whatever I buy, it will be there forever. It is compatible with my Nexus 7 so I have the apps there too. I don't mind spending money on apps, My google wallet transaction is kinda high TBH, but I buy knowing it's still cheaper for the same app most of the time, or at most, equal, is great for my mind. Plus with the addition of Samsung store, I get to see some great deals.

For example. Dark Knight Rises game.

Itunes: £4.99
    Google Play: £4.99
    Samsung Apps: £0.81

Now I don't know about you though. Would you rather spend £4.99 or 81 pence for the same thing? I await your answer.

Comment

Oh and the apps I buy from the Play store is on my account. I can buy any Android device and install it. I am not trapped like the App store having to buy Apple products only. My Nexus 7,made by Asus. My phone is a Samsung. I can access my music on any device on computer. I don't need to have a software on the PC like iTunes. so if I am at someone's house, I can play it with my google account on their PC.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Edit: Basically what I am saying, if I don't like the next samsung but a Sony or HTC makes a better phone, I can get my apps on there and use that.

If the next Apple is a complete flop, you are stuck.

If the next Samsung is a flop, I have a choice to go to other brands from HTC, Sony, LG, Acer. There is more choice. Some of the companies make better products in other departments, but there's bound to be a phone from them that is good. All I know is, I am not putting all my eggs into one basket. There are even more Android tablets from various companies.
      Last edited by TensionKiller; 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

[IMG ]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/531437_10151339229844419_519984335_n.jpg[IMG ]

Gap in a keyboard, not patented because Google don't want every damn thing like a gap in a keyboard so.

Comment

Anyone got the new Jellybean update? Love the new multi window feature

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
            Bro, I am not gonna lie, I am just an average guy, I am not too tall, not to heavy or light, I wear decent priced clothing, but nothing extreme. I love my boxing.

I don't roller blade and nor do I pay $1000 extra for a PC (pERSONAL cOMPUTER) just to get get a virus. I use my damn brain and get Avast Anti Virus Free, Firefox with adblock and spend that 1 K to enjoy life.

Life is a blessing, one day we will never wake up. Enjoy it bro, enjoy it.
            Hmmm why dont you roller blade?

Comment

I tried roller blading but got jumped by 2 13 year on girls for my wheels. I was like WTF but let it happen before my eyes

Comment

I spy with my I, a Lil Gumbie

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
                  Anyone got the new Jellybean update? Love the new multi window feature

Something tells me you got the AT&T Note 2

Comment

Just been watching some good scraps on world star hip hop on my nexus 7 and S3. Flash player is nice, never miss out on a video.
                    Support may have stopped, but it still works fine. Last update was Dec though.

I can see all videos, I am happy :-) and anyone who wants to download flash can get a link from me.

Comment

Working...
                    X