Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow I didn't expect for this fight to be made, I don't know if I can pick a winner yet seeing as I have no clue how gamboa will be at 135. I will say this, if rios wins and depending on how he wins it will be looked at as a tainted victory for some. There are people that are going to say that the only reason he won was because he beat a guy that came up from 2 weight classes. On the other hand if gamboa wins and does so convincingly a lot of people are gonna start comparing his rise in weight to that of pacquiao. I think this fight will elevate both guys but imo gamboa has more to gain in this situation.

Comment

The next 3 months look so awesome, and now April 14 is on the plate. Please BOXING, don't disappoint us like last year did.

Comment

I really wanted to see Gamboa vs Donaire instead Rios bring nothing other then size the skill levels difference between these two is too big not even on the same class TBH

hopefully Donaire takes notes from Gamboa and moves up to fight at least guys his own size

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          mandalay bay las vegas...but yeah i wish it was too
          Damn is that confirmed too

Comment

This really will come down to how each fighter takes the separate kind of pressure. Gamboa's style could frustrate Rios with his in and out movement and speed and Rios with his relentless pressure could wear down Gamboa late. I'm going to slightly favor Rios catching up to and stopping Gamboa late.

Comment

ppl dont realize how tough of a task this is gonna be for gamboa. but im with him on this fight. we'll see how good he really is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                I really wanted to see Gamboa vs Donaire instead Rios bring nothing other then size the skill levels difference between these two is too big not even on the same class TBH

hopefully Donaire takes notes from Gamboa and moves up to fight at least guys his own size
                Wait what!!!

I was always under the impression that matches were made according to weight, thanks to Phenom now I know that height, skills, and weight are all factors.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  ppl dont realize how tough of a task this is gonna be for gamboa. but im with him on this fight. we'll see how good he really is now.
                  What is such a tough task?

Comment

After mayweather and Pac hang them up, Gamboa is up next on the p4p throne!

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      Wait what!!!

I was always under the impression that matches were made according to weight, thanks to Phenom now I know that height, skills, and weight are all factors.
                      Don't you get it, Donaire needs to move up. Yea, Gamboa is moving up 2 divisions. Donaire has never done that....Oh wait a minute...
                      Last edited by PBFP4P; 02-17-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X