Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should Seth Mitchell fight this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should Seth Mitchell fight this year?

How would you manage Seth Mitchell over the next 12 months? I think Mitchell has some potential but as he is still in experinced it would be wise not to rush him to quickly. I think at some point this year he should fight a guy who is tall Mitchell trains with Toney Thompson and they are friends so i think we can rule out a fight between those 2 but maybe a fight with Grant would be a good idea. I would also put Mitchell in with Barrett next year as he is an experinced guy.

At the end of the year I would look to put him in with a top ten heavyweight like Adamek or Arreola and then just see how he gets on and then go from there.

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
    How would you manage Seth Mitchell over the next 12 months? I think Mitchell has some potential but as he is still in experinced it would be wise not to rush him to quickly. I think at some point this year he should fight a guy who is tall Mitchell trains with Toney Thompson and they are friends so i think we can rule out a fight between those 2 but maybe a fight with Grant would be a good idea. I would also put Mitchell in with Barrett next year as he is an experinced guy.

At the end of the year I would look to put him in with a top ten heavyweight like Adamek or Arreola and then just see how he gets on and then go from there.
    he just beat a solid fighter in timur ibragimov so he is at the B level now so a fight with barrett, oquendo or oliver mccall would be the right move. michael grant wouldn't be a bad idea either but i think he is rematching botha.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      he just beat a solid fighter in timur ibragimov so he is at the B level now so a fight with barrett, oquendo or oliver mccall would be the right move. michael grant wouldn't be a bad idea either but i think he is rematching botha.
      Yeah oquendo is another name they might put him in with. I got a feeling it could be Chazz Witherspoon. I know that Mitchell all being well will be fighting in March but i think his team could get him fighting every six weeks against guys like Witherspoon, Oquendo, Barret, Grant then go for a big name and maybe a title eliminator.

Comment

Michael Grant or Kevin Johnson would be good.

Comment

for his next few fights he should be fighting the B-level
          he just fought an out of it b - level guy.

there arent many with it b - level guys in the HW division anymore.

outside of being separated for a long time from his best days, timur ibragimov wasnt a horrible fighter

tony thompson is unbelievably slow, and it's hard for me to say that any real athlete isnt ready for him, but mitchell is certainly not ready for him

maurice harris just got a knockout win over derrick rossy
          maybe mitchell should fight somebody on that level, the c level coming off of a win. as ridiculous as it seems harris is in the top 25.

and then take a baby step up for his next fight. ten rounds with somebody who can go the distance. i'm looking through the top 50 now and cant find any terrific canidates. some of the names sound like they could take mitchell on the wrong night (barett, johnson, gomez, mccall, austin, estrada)

and then you can fight bermaine stiverne! lol. ppv undercard! i dont think they'd go more than five rounds.

maybe the undercard on BAD or the first undercard on a championship boxing show

with that highlight magic that bermaine pulled off against ray austin, he'll be a stiff test for the end of 2012

that should be his only HBO fight next year, imo
          he's got so much work to do
          he throws a natural left hook, but his right hands are pushed awkwardly and uncoordinated.
          espn.

Comment

He should fight anyone from the US. I haven't seen a guy fight on his level here in a while. Help us rid ourselves of those fat, lazy bastards. I have been so frustrated with american heavy weights.

Comment

Either Tony Thompson or Michael Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Michael Grant or Kevin Johnson would be good.
                Nah I think Johnson schools him. Better a Michael Grant and maybe Arreola towards the fall.

Comment

David Haye

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    David Haye
                    I'd love to see Mitchell KO that loud-mouthed diva.

Comment

Working...
                    X