Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How/Why is Sly Stallone selected for the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he's sometimes present at Floyd and Pac fights.

Comment

Too easy! it was because he revolutionized training for boxers in real life: chasing chickens, hitting the slabs of meat, swallowing raw eggs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
        Too easy! it was because he revolutionized training for boxers in real life: chasing chickens, hitting the slabs of meat, swallowing raw eggs, etc.
        He also won an award for the first rocky, and thats impressive.

Comment

Tell someone that hasn't seen a Rocky movie>>>>>>>>

Comment

CLearly, TS dont know how HOF works... He thinks only boxers can get in. His another pretend boxing fan.

Comment

I don't get it either. Actors getting in Boxing HOF for movie roles, I don't care what portion of the HOF it is, it's silly. Oh well, I have already let it go. There's nothing you can do about it. Maybe Al Pacino should get in the Football HOF for his excellent role in Any Given Sunday. Wesley Snipes and Charlie Sheen should get in the Baseball HOF as well. Snipes was in 2 baseball based movies, Major League and The Fan with Robert De Niro. Joe Pytka should get in to the Basketball HOF for directing Space Jam, great movie when it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
                Did beating a faded MASON DIXON do it?

Or was it his come from behind victory over the russian?

Maybe the Tommy Gunn fight?
                he beat clubber lang and drago,hes earned his place

Comment

Geez, how tough is this to understand? The boxing HOF is not only for boxers and trainers. Promoters, journalists, screenwriters, broadcasters, etc....who contributed to the sport are also in. Jose Sulaiman, president of the WBC, is in.

Budd Schulberg was a boxing journalist but everyone correlates him with writing the novel The Harder They Fall and the screenplay for On the Waterfront and those 2 works are the main reasons he got in.

Comment

I don't think you guys understand the influence Stallone has had on the sport. Not only did he bring a lot of attention to the sport, but he inspired many of todays fighters. Everyone wanted to be like "rocky".

On top of that, Stallone hosts boxing events still, has a shop in Cali that sales boxing goods, AND do i need to bring up The Contender series?

His contribution to the sport far exceeds that of ANY boxer I can think of, honestly. IMO, if a few years from now OST is regularly used in the events leading up to a fight then Floyd Mayweather would have made the single biggest contribution to the sport in history (pro circuit). But other than that, no one has given to or given back to boxing the way Stallone has.

He helped the sport financially - as well as influenced and inspired many fighters today. There's a reason Eye Of The Tiger is linked to everything Boxing today, lol.
                    Last edited by intoccabile; 12-09-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

the rocky movies (which were birthed from his soul... he wrote, directed, starred, produced them)

Rocky is one of the greatest sports movies of all time
                      and maybe the best tale about an underdog

it single handedly gave heavyweight boxing a huge shot in the arm

countless young men have headed to gyms and stayed there after seeing rocky

as far as "Non participants" go he's one of the most influential

Comment

Working...
                      X