No announcement yet.

Michael Spinks, What A Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Spinks, What A Fighter!

I feel people sometimes forget just how good Spinks was. His record is truley amazing.

10 Defences of his WBA LHW Title. Unified the LHW division and made 4 defences of the undisputed crown. Ruled the LHW division in a golden era and never beaten at the weight.

Then moves up and beats ATG HW and 48-0 Larry Holmes for HW Title and defeats him in rematch.

Only loss in last fight against ATG HW Mike Tyson.

Finsihed with record of 31-1.

Discuss

Comment

Go back to NSB!!!!!!

Spinks>>>>>Tyson in ATG ranking!

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
        I feel people sometimes forget just how good Spinks was. His record is truley amazing.

10 Defences of his WBA LHW Title. Unified the LHW division and made 4 defences of the undisputed crown. Ruled the LHW division in a golden era and never beaten at the weight.

Then moves up and beats ATG HW and 48-0 Larry Holmes for HW Title and defeats him in rematch.

Discuss
        Spinks is the greatest lightheavyweight of all time for me, never lost at the weight when it was at its best for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
          The two beautiful women kissing, what are their names?

Comment

Originally posted by sOuThPaW08 View Post

Discuss
            You forgot to mention that Larry Holmes was well past his prime,and that most people believe Holmes beat Spinks.

In Spinks's biggest fight of his career he gets destroyed in the 1st round.That fight was his chance to show how great he really was.

Ezzard Charles was the greatest Light heavyweight of all-time.Gene Tunney taking 2nd place.

Spinks was a great fighter,but far from the greatest.

Comment

Holmes was three years past his prime and was nowhere near being considered shot.Spinks beat Holmes quite convincingly in their first fight and nobody but Larry Holmes thought he had won.Spinks wasn't supposed to have a chance to begin with.

Michael Spinks wasn't a heavyweight and had to puff his way up into that division.He stepped into the ring with a natural heavyweight who also happened to be a prime Mike Tyson and it didn't work out.

Anyone who knows and understands Michael Spinks resume wouldn't rate Holmes or Tyson above him as an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
                Holmes was three years past his prime and was nowhere near being considered shot.Spinks beat Holmes quite convincingly in their first fight and nobody but Larry Holmes thought he had won.Spinks wasn't supposed to have a chance to begin with.

Michael Spinks wasn't a heavyweight and had to puff his way up into that division.He stepped into the ring with a natural heavyweight who also happened to be a prime Mike Tyson and it didn't work out.

Anyone who knows and understands Michael Spinks resume wouldn't rate Holmes or Tyson above him as an ATG.
                pfp I would rank Holmes and Spink's about even.The same goes with Tyson.

BTW-Where do you rank Ezzard Charles and Gene Tunney on your all-time light heavyweight list?

Comment

The first Holmes-Spinks fight was a fair decision. The rematch was a crappy one. I had both fights 9-6, for Spinks and then for Holmes.

Spinks was a great fighter. Terrific versatility. Bombing out guys like Marvin Johnson (one of the best uppercuts ever) and Yaqui Lopez with power, outboxing others like Dwight Qawi, Larry Holmes, and Eddie Mustafa Muhammad behind an excellent jab.

Comment

He was a great great fighter and has to make the top 5 of atg LHW. Its a shame whenever his name is mentioned people think of Tyson knocking him out in 91seconds

Comment

Working...
                    X