No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: Hatton Will Not Get Any Better at Age 33

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: Hatton Will Not Get Any Better at Age 33

Former world champion Joe Calzaghe, who retired several years ago, has warned Ricky Hatton his return to boxing could be a huge mistake. Calzaghe believes 33-year-old Hatton is putting himself at risk by returning. After three years of retirement, Hatton is due to make his boxing comeback on November 24 at Manchester’s MEN Arena, but an opponent has yet to be announced.

[Click Here To Read More]

no hard

If ricky learns how to defend himself that would be an improvement.

Been a big hatton fan for years now im sure he still could do damage aslong as he gives pac and jr a wide birth.

I can see him steam rolling through paulie and be world champ again

war hatton

Comment

I think he can do well as long as he's matched carefully he defantly needs a few tune ups before looking for belts

Comment

A chorus of colleagues and friends saying 'Don't do it Ricky'. A couple of easy tune-ups and a Paulie rematch is okay if that's where it stops. But who wants to see Hatton fight nobodies, and who the hell would want to see Hatton vs Paulie 2? That fight was a stinker.

Comment

Hatton wasn't any good at 23

Little ricky wasn't very good when he was younger so coming back at 33 isn't the answer. easy fights are against opponents who cannot hurt the little round kid.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
            A chorus of colleagues and friends saying 'Don't do it Ricky'. A couple of easy tune-ups and a Paulie rematch is okay if that's where it stops. But who wants to see Hatton fight nobodies, and who the hell would want to see Hatton vs Paulie 2? That fight was a stinker.
            People will watch Ricky Hatton fight almost anyone.

Originally posted by Belowthe belt View Post
            Little ricky wasn't very good when he was younger so coming back at 33 isn't the answer. easy fights are against opponents who cannot hurt the little round kid.
            New alt for the Hatton troll

Comment

Hatton >>> Calzaghe
              At least Hatton fought the best and had a desire to fight the best.

Comment

Stand by your side of the pond's fighters, Joe. C'mon, man. I love Calzaghe, but Ricky's only 33 and just doesn't want to retire on that 2nd round KO. Don't blame him a bit. Best of luck to Hatton.

Comment

I consider myself a Hatton fan. Because he was fun to watch but realistically while in his prime he was a decent fighter at best. So, I believe Joe has a very valid point. But, in the end it is Hatton's decision to make and I wish him the best. Good luck Ricky!

Comment

Hatton will always get props from me because he came to the States and got in the ring with the best in the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X