No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo, Schaefer Comment on Their Promotional Pact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angulo, Schaefer Comment on Their Promotional Pact

LOS ANGELES - One of the most exciting fighters in the sport of boxing today, Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo has an aggressive style and knockout power that has made him a must-see competitor for years. Now, Angulo will continue his attack on the junior middleweight division as a member of the Golden Boy Promotions team, and the Mexican warrior has just one goal in mind...to win a world championship.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great news,Goldenboy will get angulo back in the spotlight and get him
    big fights in 2012.A big rivalry has already started between angulo and
    canelo.

Comment

Get this dude back in the ring.

Preferably with a couple journeymen before a real fight.

Comment

angulo will be used as a pawn for canelo

Comment

I have a feeling poor Vanes is gonna get f%#@ed over once again here. Martirosyan is with Top Rank, and I don't see this new deal with Golden Boy landing Angulo against a Top Rank fighter anytime soon. Like another poster mentioned, I see El Perro being fed straight to Alvarez and skipping an eliminator with Vanes all-together. I do think that both Alvarez and Vanes (even more so given his footwork) can beat Angulo, who's power won't be effective when he's getting his ears boxed off in circles. Angulo's gonna have a tune-up or two, Canelo will fight another tomato can after Gomez, and then those two will meet in a fight marketed as Alvarez's first real title defense. He will get past Angulo with his movement, and Golden Boy will shove it in all the nay-sayers faces as an amazing feat, further solidifying Canelo's mythical greatness.

This may sound delusional, and I hope it is, I'm tired of Vanes getting overlooked in all of this.

Comment

if vanes keeps on winnig...

he will get his shot...

cant wait for angulos next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
              I have a feeling poor Vanes is gonna get f%#@ed over once again here. Martirosyan is with Top Rank, and I don't see this new deal with Golden Boy landing Angulo against a Top Rank fighter anytime soon. Like another poster mentioned, I see El Perro being fed straight to Alvarez and skipping an eliminator with Vanes all-together. I do think that both Alvarez and Vanes (even more so given his footwork) can beat Angulo, who's power won't be effective when he's getting his ears boxed off in circles. Angulo's gonna have a tune-up or two, Canelo will fight another tomato can after Gomez, and then those two will meet in a fight marketed as Alvarez's first real title defense. He will get past Angulo with his movement, and Golden Boy will shove it in all the nay-sayers faces as an amazing feat, further solidifying Canelo's mythical greatness.

This may sound delusional, and I hope it is, I'm tired of Vanes getting overlooked in all of this.
              A couple of good points there. I dont know if things will quite play out like that, but I agree that it would be good to see Vanes get a legitimate crack.

Good to see Angulo back anyways.

Comment

oh stop it,Is canelo and and angulo the only fighters at 154?Top rank can
                make a fight trout whos looking for an opponent.Theres bundrage as well.
                Toprank are ignoring vanes and are not trying to get him a big fight.
                They will most likely feed him the cotto-margarito winner.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  oh stop it,Is canelo and and angulo the only fighters at 154?Top rank can
                  make a fight trout whos looking for an opponent.Theres bundrage as well.
                  Toprank are ignoring vanes and are not trying to get him a big fight.
                  They will most likely feed him the cotto-margarito winner.
                  I've lost hope in Top Rank, they've obviously dropped the ball with Vanes for one reason or other. So I was extremely happy that WBC ordered an eliminator between him and Angulo. It's a tough challenge, but at least afterwards he'd finally get a crack at the belt that Canelo is currently holding hostage. If Top Rank wasn't doing its job, I was glad to see at least the WBC pushing things.

But now I doubt Vanes will fight Angulo and will just end up on the shelf once again. Sure hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

Don't feel to sorry for Vanes. If anything negative has happened in his career it's his own fault. If he hasn't got a big fight it's because he hasn't impressed in the ring.

De la hoya will do the right thing and make a fight between Angulo/Vanes...De la hoya, me, and almost everyone who is reading this knows that Vanes is no threat to either Angulo or Canelo.

If Vanes beats Angulo in their Eliminator then he has earned the right to fight Canelo for the tittle. If Angulo wins he will forever shut Vanes up.Plain and simple....

So, Stop with these bull chet theories...and stop making excuses for this guy. He will get a shot at Angulo if he really wants it.

Unless he still wants to take his TEMPORARY move to middleweight and avoid his date with Angulo...

Comment

Working...
                    X