No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute: I Plan To Ruin Magee's St. Partick's Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute: I Plan To Ruin Magee's St. Partick's Day

NEW YORK – Unbeaten International Boxing Federation (IBF) Super Middleweight Champion Lucian Bute (27-0, 22 KOs) will make his eagerly anticipated first start since signing a multi-fight agreement with SHOWTIME Sports when he makes the seventh defense of his 168-pound crown against former European titleholder Brian Magee (34-3-1, 24 KOs), of Belfast, Ireland, live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING on Saturday, March 19 on SHOWTIME® at 10 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) from Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. The telecast will begin with the rebroadcast of the March 12 action-packed SHOWTIME PPV® fight between World Boxing Association (WBA) Super Welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and Ricardo Mayorga.

[Click Here To Read More]

Spargel Bute, da hai batete cu un om adevrat sam bag pula in boxu asta...

Comment

You ruined everyone's St. Paddy's day with this bull**** fight, Lucian

Comment

Paddys Day on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          You ruined everyone's St. Paddy's day with this bull**** fight, Lucian

Originally posted by Irish Hitman View Post
          Paddys Day on Thursday.
          Yeah, you can't retrospectively ruin the day for someone. 'Man, I got beat on Saturday, which has completely ruined how much I enjoyed myself three days beforehand'

Comment

Magee is an ok opponent in the current circumstances

at least, Bute is staying active unlike people like Chad Dawson who enjoys picking some dust waiting on the shelf

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post
              Magee is an ok opponent in the current circumstances

at least, Bute is staying active unlike people like Chad Dawson who enjoys picking some dust waiting on the shelf
              I'm sorry, but you have to be the biggest nuthugger on this board, which is a shame because I have agreed with nearly all your other posts - you just can't seem to make sense when talking about Bute.

Brian Magee is a solid professional fighter but he has never beaten anyone close to Bute's level and he isn't worthy of a title shot. Carl Froch fought and beat Magee back in 2006, two years before Froch would even challenge for a title, yet Lucian Bute in his fourth year as a title holder and in his seventh defence considers Magee to be a suitable opponent. Magee is on a winning streak, but his quality of opposition still hasn't exceeded European level. Don't get me wrong, he'll put up a decent effort and I'd be surprised if Bute has it all his own way, but he won't come close to victory.

I'll take Chad Dawson sitting on the shelf for a while and then fighting Diaconu in his first fight since his first loss over Bute's Bum of the Quarter-year club. Bring on Bute-Kessler for ****'s sake.

Comment

This is turning into routine for Bute.

Decent boxer: I'm honored to fight against such a great opponent

Watch fight...wait for the 4th....money shot to the liver.

I;m not even that excited about him fighting Kesler next and I'm a fan of Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                  I'm sorry, but you have to be the biggest nuthugger on this board, which is a shame because I have agreed with nearly all your other posts - you just can't seem to make sense when talking about Bute.

Brian Magee is a solid professional fighter but he has never beaten anyone close to Bute's level and he isn't worthy of a title shot. Carl Froch fought and beat Magee back in 2006, two years before Froch would even challenge for a title, yet Lucian Bute in his fourth year as a title holder and in his seventh defence considers Magee to be a suitable opponent. Magee is on a winning streak, but his quality of opposition still hasn't exceeded European level. Don't get me wrong, he'll put up a decent effort and I'd be surprised if Bute has it all his own way, but he won't come close to victory.

I'll take Chad Dawson sitting on the shelf for a while and then fighting Diaconu in his first fight since his first loss over Bute's Bum of the Quarter-year club. Bring on Bute-Kessler for ****'s sake.
                  my post did not require such a reply obviously

Comment

Working...
                  X