No announcement yet.

Handicap on To Catch a Predator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    That may be borderline, but I wouldn't call that entrapment. I think that if the cops set up an entire fake situation, that is entrapment though.
    Actually, perhaps I would call that entrapment indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      I don't know if this is funny or sad. The guy is a pedo and all but cmonnn let him get his nut.

these mother fu•kers should get shot on the spot once they walk in the house but this ^^^ made me

Comment

Originally posted by Turd
        But no one forced the subject to steal the bike.

Is it entrapment merely because of the actor they used to drop off the bike? Or just the fact that the situation being presented wasn't a real one?
        Once again, I'm not a lawyer.

But to me, if the police influence someone into committing to a crime which they otherwise wouldn't have done, that is entrapment.

In the bike situation, it's hard to say. I'd lean toward not entrapment, but it's possible to think of situations in which it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          these mother fu•kers should get shot on the spot once they walk in the house but this ^^^ made me
          i love how some of the little goof, pedo, ****s, just burst into tears when hair-do Hanson comes on the scene. it's phucking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            yeah, the girls used are 18 or older.

i'm not so sure that shaming these guys is a bad idea though.
            Agree, these guys have a problem, but plastering there face and name over Television isn't the way to fix it.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            Pedo's are horrible people, but in this ONE PARTICULAR case....cmonnnnnn.
            I just can't help feel bad for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd
              I remember on some episodes of COPS they would purposely leave a nice high quality bike in some location known to have a lot of thieves and then bust their **** when someone stole it.
              They have a show like that right now called............. Bait car (took me a minute)

They have a switch to the car's engine and they shut it off and lock the doors, kind of funny

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                i love how some of the little goof, pedo, ****s, just burst into tears when hair-do Hanson comes on the scene. it's phucking awesome!
                I remember watching one when the guy came in with a trench coast and he was naked and he said he drove three hours to warn the boy that what he's doing is dangerous

Pedo's are horrible people, but in this ONE PARTICULAR case....cmonnnnnn.
                I just can't help feel bad for this guy.
                they should of got him a complimentary hooker at least...poor guy he really thought he was finally going to score...I wonder if his parking close to the stores privileges get taken away...

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  Once again, I'm not a lawyer.

But to me, if the police influence someone into committing to a crime which they otherwise wouldn't have done, that is entrapment.

In the bike situation, it's hard to say. I'd lean toward not entrapment, but it's possible to think of situations in which it would be.
                  It is yet isn't entrapment according to the way the law is now structured in the US. It is a good argument for entrapment when you entice someone to do something that they might not otherwise do if you were not baiting them (which is how the show operates)...and you could argue that everyone has a breaking point. But they have structured the law so that even though no victim actual exists except in the imagination of the perpetrator..."having the intention to have sex with a minor is illegal"...even if that minor does not exist...which gives the authorities the right to convict...and although minors need to be protected I'm not not sure this is really right.

With that being said...there are guys who are looking specifically for under-aged sex partners on line and justice is served in this case...but there probably exists as well some guy who didn't have this on his mind and would have never acted on it had it not been played up to him.
                  Last edited by jaded; 10-22-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    It is yet isn't entrapment according to the way the law is now structured in the US. It is a good argument for entrapment when you entice someone to do something that they might not otherwise do if you were not baiting them (which is how the show operates)...and you could argue that everyone has a breaking point. But they have structured the law so that even though no victim actual exists except in the imagination of the perpetrator..."having the intention to have sex with a minor is illegal"...even if that minor does not exist...which gives the authorities the right to convict...and although minors need to be protected I'm not not sure this is really right.

With that being said...there are guys who are looking specifically for under-aged sex partners on line and justice is served in this case...but there probably exists as well some guy who didn't have this on his mind and would have never acted on it had it not been played up to him.
                    I see. Thought crimes.

But good analysis.

Comment

They have a show like that right now called............. Bait car (took me a minute)

They have a switch to the car's engine and they shut it off and lock the doors, kind of funny
                      That show is entrapment and funny as ****

As far as catching sexual predators that target underage girls, I say, show no mercy, do whatever you have to do to catch as many as you can.

Comment

Working...
                      X