No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miburo View Post
    You're never supposed to drink scotch on the rocks, it waters it down and dilutes the flavor (other whiskeys are fine on the rocks imo, though I'm not really a fan of many). For most single malts you should put one or two drops of water in them at room temperature to open up the flavor a bit. I've wondered about experimenting with a chilled bottle as I do generally prefer cold drinks.

I primarily like Isle of Islay scotches, which are considered somewhat of an acquired taste even for regular scotch drinkers (heavily ash/peat flavored, they taste totally different from other varieties). Dunno if I'd recommend it to most people, but I'm not really a fan of most single malts as they taste too much like whiskey for my liking. In fact I hated most of the more standard scotches I had first.
    There's actually a small English pub in my neighborhood owned by a Japanese guy who spent a lot of his childhood in the US, and also use to live in the UK. He's told me a bit about scotch, and I usually have one when I stop in there. Still getting use to the flavors a bit though. It's not quite the same as drinking Johnny Walker Red. He mentioned the Isle of Islay scotches before.

Comment

• I am getting old. I feel totally shot right now.

Comment

• Loving this scotch, sippin' and relaxin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miburo View Post
          Loving this scotch, sippin' and relaxin'.
          I'm on the Jim Beam meself. Not quite the right amount of bang in this one for me, but for 1200 yen a bottle can't complain.

Comment

• it looks like i'm going to have the afternoon off tomorrow...

have you battened down the hatches yet, george?

i'm about to walk to the store and get me some candles

Comment

• I'm on that Jim Beam. It's almost 3pm and I have a seminar in an hour and a half. What the fuck is wrong with me.

Comment

• I think that the Chinese girl I was harping over just got back from China. We have class at the same time on different parts of campus, pretty good likelihood I'll bump in to her later after class. What the fuck is wrong with me. I guess I'll take a different route to walk home.

Comment

• I'm not drunk or buzzed or anything, just the smell is the problem. I'm going to go take a shower and brush really well and then pick up a pack of gum I guess. This isn't a regular thing I do or anything, I usually don't care. And I usually don't booze before class either.

If my prof says anything, I'll just say I had lunch with my cousin who's in Japan visiting I guess (the part about the cousin is true). Nah, he won't say anything. I'm an adult, what am I talking about.

Comment

• im not drunk.

Comment

• Well, I survived the seminar. Wasn't drunk or anything so no biggy. Just took a few nips. Gonna go have some beers at the izakaya with a buddy.

Comment

Working...
                      X