Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think americans will keep crying about the HW division forever...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    No they don't and I have already proved why, you muppet, unless you consider the RING, ESPN, and other publication's staff blind.

Repeating the same thing over and over when it's already been disproven, pathetic but not surprising.
    LOL, you aren't very bright, are you? Skills are clearly visible thru film, things such as the jab, slipping punches? parrying, feinting, combination punching and defense. Whats not always visable, and the reason fight picks by experts are sometimes wrong, are the intangables of a fight such as toughness and will to win. So all your ducking of my question and refusal to give your OPINION on what i asked is for not, because you're still dead wrong, you just dont want to admit Helenius isn't as skilled as Witherspoon because it sinks your whole, lame argument.

Comment

As an American, I couldn't care less if an American holds the title. I would just like to see some competition. The division is pretty poor right now. The Klitschkos pretty much cleaned out the division. I think most people would just like to see some promising prospects, regardless of what nation they are from.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        As an American, I couldn't care less if an American holds the title. I would just like to see some competition. The division is pretty poor right now. The Klitschkos pretty much cleaned out the division. I think most people would just like to see some promising prospects, regardless of what nation they are from.
        As an American, having at least one American heavyweight titlist increases the substance of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
          As an American, having at least one American heavyweight titlist increases the substance of the division.
          As an American I would like a top countryman to root for, but nationality doesn't bring substance. The only thing that brings substance is skill and desire.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            As an American I would like a top countryman to root for, but nationality doesn't bring substance. The only thing that brings substance is skill and desire.
            Well yeah, obviously. I'm not saying that the division would be better if Tony Thompson had a belt, lol. I'm saying the division would be better if an American was good enough, skilled enough to reign as a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              Or will they eventually come to terms with the fact that they no longer dominate?

As we all know, since the Klitschkos started their rule, many americans have been trying to discredit them and make all kind of excuses as to why americans no longer are on top (mainly NBA and NFL blablabla ). Since considering the eastern european domination has no end sight (just look at the prospects that have already turned pro and the ones coming through the amateurs), do you think they'll finally come to accept that eastern europeans can be great HWs too, or will they keep crying and making excuses forever?
              LOL!

They no longer dominate because the division is dead.

That how 99% of these Euro boxers operate:

They wait until any semblance of talent is either old or retired before they step out of their tiny corner of the world to come to the USA .. the MECCA of boxing.

Don't take my word for it. Just look at Kessler, Calzaghe, Michalczewski, and Bute. They could have face MUCH better opposition. They CHOOSE not to until the best get old or get exposed or just retire.

Wlad has been KTFO by guys like Ross Purrity,Corey Sanders and Lamon Brewster. He's hardly anything special. And the only big guys America has aren't anything special either.

The HW division died when Mike Tyson stopped being "Iron", and any real fan knows it. Getting these tall, uncoordinated giants to put on freakshow matches isn't particularly skillful or entertaining.

But just keep in mind that Vitali wouldn't face Lennox until Lennox already had one foot out of the door. That's exactly what I mean when I say that these Euro fighters wait and wait and wait and wait in the shadows.

They will never go down in history as "great", only as the best of a dull generation.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Damn man!! I was going to use those same exact words on your sig if Margarito were to win on Dec 3. lol

Comment

Working...
                X