Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. or James "Lights Out" Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr. or James "Lights Out" Toney?

Roy Jones Jr. or James "Lights Out" Toney? Who ranks higher ATG wise, and why?

Couldn't seem to find another thread about it, and I've been thinking about it lately...
    Roy Jones Jr
    85.29%
    James Toney
    14.71%

Roy and it aint close.........

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
      Roy and it aint close.........
      Exactly this

Comment

Roy Jones imo

Comment

I've read alot around these boards, and many guys ain't too optimistic about Roy Jones, but they adore Toney. I mean that, man guys rank Toney pretty high on their lists, but talk bad about Jones...

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
            I've read alot around these boards, and many guys ain't too optimistic about Roy Jones, but they adore Toney. I mean that, man guys rank Toney pretty high on their lists, but talk bad about Jones...
            Because everybody wants to call a guy a "duck" because he doesn't fight every yahoo that calls him out.

When you're as great as The Great Roy Jones Jr you will be called out daily by contenders, and as far down the line as people with losing records after their fight at a small local venue, because a fight with Roy makes a lot of people a lot of money.

There are a few members (clueless ones) who won't give Roy the credit he deserves until he finds Doc Brown and goes back in the DeLorean so Roy can tell his past self which fights to take to please a few people. But you can't please everybody, and had he chosen to fight this guy instead of that guy, the haters would say he should have fought that guy instead of this guy.

It's not easy being the #1 p4p king of boxing with all the hate that goes around.

Comment

98% of those guys are under 30 and are most familiar with their most recent performances.

Which is not to say that guys under 30 can't do their homework and catch up on his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                98% of those guys are under 30 and are most familiar with their most recent performances.

Which is not to say that guys under 30 can't do their homework and catch up on his legacy.
                Well I do like Toney's resume. And I actually think Roy Jones hyped on here at times. But yes I'd rank him above, not only because of the win, but of his dominance in to 90's.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. or James "Lights Out" Toney? Who ranks higher ATG wise, and why?

Couldn't seem to find another thread about it, and I've been thinking about it lately...
                  Im going with James Toney (in terms of best wins)

Best wins:
                  Jirov
                  Nunn
                  McCallum
                  McCallum D
                  Holyfield
                  Johnson
                  Littles

3 divison world champion (I dont count the NC Ruiz win)
                  He wasted a lot of years after his loss to Jones, but I would argue that his best wins are much better than Jones.
                  Last edited by General Zod; 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                    Im going with James Toney

Best wins:
                    Jirov
                    Nunn
                    McCallum
                    McCallum D
                    Holyfield
                    Johnson
                    Littles

3 divison world champion (I dont count the NC Ruiz win)
                    He wasted a lot of years after his loss to Jones, but I would argue that his best wins are much better than Jones.
                    Toney is better than all thoose guys (except Holyfield) and Jones outclassed Toney. Toney dosen't have any win on his resume that is better than himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X