Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support the Palestinians' UN bid for statehood?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
    This makes sense to me but could you go into more detail on

"A moratorium on the building of Jewish settlements beyond the agreed upon borders"
    It means an end to building on them.

and how you see that working with the occupied territories?

I see the clearing and eviction of settlers in the occupied territories being the deal breaker. The settlers would go crazy and the population of the rest of Israel would not want the settlers cramed in to Israel.
    They already did it once, in Gaza. But remember the borders are yet to be negotiated. The borders may be negotiated to include current settlements in the West Bank and not necessarily based on any pre-existing frameworks.

If any Israeli prime minister tried to cut this kind of deal I can see him being assassinated. IMO it would take a huge amount of pressure for the Israelis to even consider giving up the occupied territories. Something along the lines of the US withholding the 3$ Billion in grants it gives every year and no US president would have the guts to apply that kind of pressure. When it comes to US Israeli foreign policy it seems to me the US Zionist Lobby has more power than the US government in decision and policy making.
    First of all I think that "occupied territories" is a very loaded term, most often used to refer to the whole of Israel. The borders have to be negotiated for. It may be a price of peace. But only if the other side agrees.

It appears that the settlers represent a bit of a buffer zone between Palestinians and Israel proper. The evidence for that is the bombardment suffered by Israel from Gaza immediately following them pulling back settlers from that area.

I notice that Mister RedKnRun still hasn't responded to my comments.

Comment

I'll support their bid to become a state when they act with a level of responsibility that is appropriate to a state. The problem is that when terrorists attack Israel the rest of the world won't hold them accountable in the same way they would any other sovereign state that allowed itself to be overtly used as a base of terrorist operations. But when Israel does something to thwart those operations it will be acting with aggression against a "sovereign state"

The reason the Palestinians didn't receive a state in the 40's was because they refused the U.N. partition . They refused the U.N. partition because they didn't want to acknowledge Israel's right to exist. This has always been the sticking point throughout the Arab-Muslim world
      Last edited by res; 12-05-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
        I'll support their bid to become a state when they act with a level of responsibility that is appropriate to a state. The problem is that when terrorists attack Israel the rest of the world won't hold them accountable in the same way they would any other sovereign state that allowed itself to be overtly used as a base of terrorist operations. But when Israel does something to thwart those operations it will be acting with aggression against a "sovereign state"

The reason the Palestinians didn't receive a state in the 40's was because they refused the U.N. partition . They refused the U.N. partition because they didn't want to acknowledge Israel's right to exist. This has always been the sticking point throughout the Arab-Muslim world
        Expect to get red K for expressing this sentiment, but don't expect any counter-arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          You mean like the Statehood that was granted in 1948 and declined by the representatives of Palestine?
          This is long but in it it states what you have both written is a myth. This video has a ring of truth about it and is a lot more plausible than the propaganda we get through the media on the subject. The Palestinians were conspired against and screwed from the get go. I did not realise Jordan's scum bag input was as heavy. The Palestinans did not have a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWvcBzbqVcdisplay
          Last edited by Prince Mongo; 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Simon, but they need to stop fighting and arguing on bull**** on both sides and that won't happen so fuk them both.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                This is long but in it it states what you have both written is a myth. This video has a ring of truth about it and is a lot more plausible than the propaganda we get through the media on the subject. The Palestinians were conspired against and screwed from the get go. I did not realise Jordan's scum bag input was as heavy. The Palestinans did not have a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIWvcBzbqVcdisplay
                Your response is an hour long propaganda video? Come on.

Comment

I'd support them bring a statehood on strict conditions.

All weapons used by the terrorists to be turned in

All responsible for terrorist attacks on Israel to stand trial.

UN security forces to police the state for a minimum of 10 years.

If they did that I'm happy with it, if not **** would only kick off again so there's no point

Comment

I am as anti-Isreal as they come. Shoulda given 'em a big chunk of Germany.

War Palestine.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      I am as anti-Isreal as they come. Shoulda given 'em a big chunk of Germany.

War Palestine.
                      "War Palestine" is the biggest part of their problem. Oh and Israel wasn't conjured out of thin air. It was already home to 650,000 Jews or 35% of the population of the region when the Partition Plan was put in place. Jews had been purchasing land there from the Ottomans and later from the British.

Comment

Working...
                      X