No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Gesta Hoping Miguel Vazquez Will Fight, Not Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Gesta Hoping Miguel Vazquez Will Fight, Not Run

Unbeaten Filipino rising star Mercito "No Mercy" Gesta (26-0-1, 14 KOs) is gearing up for his long-coveted world title fight on December 8 in the undercard of Pacquiao-Marquez 4 against tough and rugged Mexican Miguel Vazquez (32-3-0, 13 KOs) who is staking his IBF lightweight title.

The Cebuano is currently up in the mountains of Big Bear, California for some high-altitude training and sparring, in respect of the difficult task at hand.

"I think he's more difficult than other guys I fought," Gesta told me in an exclusive interview in recognition of the challenge Vazquez presents. "He knows how to use his height. He knows how to back up. He's not engaging. That's kinda' hard. It's hard to fight a guy that doesn't want to fight; just hit and run, hit and run," he added.
    [Click Here To Read More]

only reason they are on the card is for the fil-mex rivalry theme tr's cooking up. could be a hit or miss for hbo but to be honest both of them hasn't shown anything before to warrant a showcase. oh but then again it's hbo so..

Comment

Both guys will have their moments.....very slight edge to Vasquez. Vasquez's weakness is he has little power and runs a bit. Gesta's weakness is he has lulls in fights. If Gesta is on and pressure effectively, he wins. If Vasguez uses his legs and pot-shots, he wins. It is up to Gesta to make it exciting.

Comment

Yeah,he's going to stand there and trade punches,because as a weak puncher that would totally benefit him...

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
          Yeah,he's going to stand there and trade punches,because as a weak puncher that would totally benefit him...
          lol right.

he basically saying fight me the way that benefits me and gives you no advantages lol

Comment

why the **** are gesta's team worrying about vazquez and what he chooses to do. worry about your self and the ass beating vazquez is going to give you.
            btw i love vazquez style and i hope more mexican fighters would try to fight more like him

Comment

Gesta... I hope you're working on cutting off the ring cause your request is not gonna be granted.

Comment

I think Gesta is gonna get thoroughly out-boxed. Vasquez's style may not be pretty to watch, but it's effective. At least he doesn't clinch much, but I wish he would throw more often. He spends a bit too much time moving instead of punching.

Comment

all that running around the ring,not a fan of that,i like skills but like it more like jmm style of skills which is not running and throwing more punches,the problem i have is that he is going to be on a ppv fight,if he's on the marquez card i don't like that,i think unless your're a big star and in a big fight then yeah but he's not and he's just going to make it boring for the fans paying all that money to be entertained and not bored to death,his last fight i saw a coulple of rounds and just left to do something and came back for the main event,paying fans shouldn't have to watch guys like him or like alexander/bailey on ppv,

Comment

Vasquez UD

Comment

Working...
                    X