Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather does not have the balls to face martinez even at 154 which only reinforces the fact mayweather is the biggest ducker the sport has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
      this is perfect for september should they both win their upcoming fights. it would be sergio's biggest payday so he would definitely do what it takes to make the mayweather fight. if it happens. i'm there.
      If Mayweather fights Canelo May 4 then September Mayweather Martinez can happen

Comment

the rematch with Chavez isn't guaranteed. everyone talks like he has to give Chavez a rematch. the truth is there is no rematch clause, it is just something they're considering. if an opportunity comes up and he has to fight either Floyd or Chavez in September I guarantee you he takes Floyd.

why is everyone ****ting on Martinez for this? Floyd is 154 champ so if Sergio goes down to 154 to fight him then what are you guys complaining about? I don't see all you Chavez fans complaining when Sergio came into the fight as a middleweight while Chavez came in as a cruiserweight.

and it's not like Floyd is an easy opponent. the money has a lot to do with it but lest you guys forget Floyd is p4p best and Sergio would be fighting him at Floyd's weight. you can argue Floyd is a welterweight but he holds the 154 title as well so he's fair game at 154. Chavez fanboys need to get over it. Sergio beat him and now he wants to fight Floyd like everyone near that weight does except he has more credibility than most.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I would too, but realistically this is what I see happening.

Floyd - Guerrero (May), Canelo (September)
          Martinez - Murray (April, Chavez (September)

So this fight, if it even happens ever, would have to take place next year around May. And who knows what can happen by then.
          what you wrote does make alot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I would too, but realistically this is what I see happening.

Floyd - Guerrero (May), Canelo (September)
            Martinez - Murray (April, Chavez (September)

So this fight, if it even happens ever, would have to take place next year around May. And who knows what can happen by then.
            Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Yawn. He wants the money, nothing else. Murray and a Chavez rematch would be a sh** year.
            what's wrong with wanting money? this is a deadly sport.sergio is old for boxing and coming off surgeries you idiot

Comment

this fight wont happen and if it did it would be at 154 n serg' next fight isnt at that weight

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                mayweather does not have the balls to face martinez even at 154 which only reinforces the fact mayweather is the biggest ducker the sport has ever seen.
                when is the last time serg fought at 154, wouldnt it be smart for this april 2013 fight to be at 154 so he can make a case? which brings me to my final argument...

how can you duck someone who has an april 2013 fight if your looking for a fight in may 2013???????????

or are you just saying sht?

Comment

Anybody who honestly believe that Mayweather is going to fight in May then turn around and fight in September is an idiot.

On topic, of course Martinez still wants the Mayweather fight. It's the biggest pay day that he could possibly make by far. Mayweather would make more fighting Canelo though, so I don't see him taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    Pacquiao wouldn't face Cotto, let alone Martinez at 154lbs. Offered a fight to him then ran (straight into a KO from Marquez) when he wouldn't accept another catchweight. If one is a potential duck, that fact IS a duck, right?

On topic, it's an intriguing matchup but catchweights offer ready-made excuses and taint victories and either man going to the other's division (be it 147lbs or 160lbs) doesn't seem likely and isn't a reasonable thing to demand.

Comment

Mayweather will never fight Martinez.

Mayweather famously never fights at catchweights but when Martinez was mention he said "maybe at a catchweight"

Martinez was willing to fight at 150 and still Mayweather passed.

Mayweather has never been about taking risks. it's all about easy money with Mayweather.

Mayweather is a smart man, why risk getting KTFO when he can make more money against easier opponents like Canelo or Guerrero

Comment

Working...
                      X