No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez vs Gesta is Not Likely To Happen, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez vs Gesta is Not Likely To Happen, Says Arum

On Friday, BoxingScene.com published an interview with WBO interim-junior welterweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39KOs). The former three division champion is scheduled to return on July 14th at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

This is the best stuff yet in the hope for Marquez-Morales. Gesta is a potentially riskier fight worth almost nothing except an empty stadium and no buys. Morales is a potential 4-500 buy show.

Make mine Morales!

Comment

its makes since from marquez's side and also from what arum is saying. but it still takes me right back to arums dirty ways. the more the fight generates,the more arum makes. plus in no way would arum allow jmm to pick off the next manny pacquio want to be.

Comment

Arum being Arum. And Arums' business model is:

It's not what the fans want.
        It's not what the investors want.
        It's not what the boxers want.

It's what Arum wants.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
          its makes since from marquez's side and also from what arum is saying. but it still takes me right back to arums dirty ways. the more the fight generates,the more arum makes. plus in no way would arum allow jmm to pick off the next manny pacquio want to be.
          How is this dirty? The man is in business to make money. So is Marquez. Making the most profitable fight is usually the point.

There is plenty to say bad about Arum. "He's trying to make money" isn't one of them.

Comment

arum wants him to fight rios.

Comment

That's why you put the ****ing fight on hbo. But when fans go looking for "the next big ppv attraction", we get stuck with this.

Comment

why does it have to be ppv?! if marquez wants to fight this guy then im sure he would take less money if he felt it would prepare him better for a possible pacman fight.

but obviously bob money grabbing arum wants him to fight rios so he can make more money.

i fcukin hate arum.

Comment

I will not order Marquez-Gesta/Morales. I would have probably ordered JMM-Rios/Judah because they are actually alright fights, but this is bulls**t. If we want to call Marquez an ATG, and I do, he shouldn't get the pass he does with his opponents. Imagine of Floyd or Manny fought the likes of Fedchenko, Morales/Gesta, Ramos, etc. It would be pure chaos on here.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    why does it have to be ppv?! if marquez wants to fight this guy then im sure he would take less money if he felt it would prepare him better for a possible pacman fight.

but obviously bob money grabbing arum wants him to fight rios so he can make more money.

i fcukin hate arum.
                    Cowboys + PPV = Morales more likely than not. Arum isn't doing a thing wrong here. I swear, some boxing fans are Birch Society-level nut cases when they decide something is 'evil.'

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I will not order Marquez-Gesta/Morales. I would have probably ordered JMM-Rios/Judah because they are actually alright fights, but this is bulls**t. If we want to call Marquez an ATG, and I do, he shouldn't get the pass he does with his opponents. Imagine of Floyd or Manny fought the likes of Fedchenko, Morales/Gesta, Ramos, etc. It would be pure chaos on here.
                    When you're 38, and have the total career Marquez does, leveling between big fights in a shoulder shrug. He's icing his cake.
                    Last edited by crold1; 05-19-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X