Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Cotto-Margarito Frenzy Proves Boxing Still Strong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Cotto-Margarito Frenzy Proves Boxing Still Strong

NEW YORK — Bob Arum couldn’t contain his enthusiasm Thursday.

The card headlined by the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito rematch officially became a sellout Thursday morning, marking the first time since Cotto beat Zab Judah in June 2007 that a boxing card sold out Madison Square Garden’s main arena. It also provided Arum ammunition to use against the sport’s skeptics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

war cotto!!

Comment

Absolutely. Dana eat your heart out.
      WAR WARgarito!

Comment

Hell yea!
        WarGarito!

Comment

Top rank is the only one keeping boxing alive

Dibella is a bald joke who couldn't even sell out a martinez fight when tickets were free if you buy a pair of socks and Golden girls promotions has a big fight on the same night as Cotto-Marg and no one is talking about it and their last PPV (B-hop-dawson) was a complete disaster not just in the ring but they were dumb enough to put it on PPV where they never released the official buys but it was probably less than 10,000.

Top Rank is running **** and single handedly saving boxing in america. The Klitchkos are saving it in europe and Pacquiao is saving it in Asia and America and Mexico.
          Last edited by Check_hooks; 12-02-2011, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Boxing is still strong.

Until Floyd, Manny and Cotto retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Top rank is the only one keeping boxing alive
              Top Rank is running **** and single handedly saving boxing in america. The Klitchkos are saving it in europe and Pacquiao is saving it in Asia and America and Mexico.
              Agree, though I am not a Pro-Top-Rank person.

Canelo's night, ticket wise, was poor. 2 tickets for the price of one, and still too many empty seats.

A properly managed Cotto/Chávez Jr. fight could do huge numbers in Mexico, NY, or Puerto Rico. I would prefer Mexico. It would be EPIC.

Comment

i agree once the 3 cash cows retire boxing wont be sought after cotto floyd pac keep boxing alive right now we need some new stars to replace them

Comment

I think boxing will be fine as soon as they retire... won't be pulling in as much as before, but it'll survive.
                  Didn't people say boxing would die after the Golden Boy?
                  People are over exaggerating again.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    I think boxing will be fine as soon as they retire... won't be pulling in as much as before, but it'll survive.
                    Didn't people say boxing would die after the Golden Boy?
                    People are over exaggerating again.
                    I think boxing will benefit from the departure of Floyd and Manny. Than maybe we can see all these fighters actually fight eachother instead of holding out for a shot at the big two.

Comment

Working...
                    X