No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Dereck Chisora Attacked Heavy To The Body

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Dereck Chisora Attacked Heavy To The Body

Chisora forced the grappling, clinching type of warfare he preferred, limiting Scott to just seven landed jabs over six rounds. More than half of Chisora's 82 landed power shots were to the body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Scott was jabbing air non-stop, glad compubox picked up on that.

Let's be clear here tho, Chisora didn't clinch, that was Scott was tying him up on the inside. Chisora's intention was to work the body, you don't achieve that by holding on.

Comment

That's what you do to these "slick" Americans, shove them in a corner and pound their ribcages in

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Scott was jabbing air non-stop, glad compubox picked up on that.

Let's be clear here tho, Chisora didn't clinch, that was Scott was tying him up on the inside. Chisora's intention was to work the body, you don't achieve that by holding on.
        Chisora did hold quite a few times, they were almost as bad as each other, but Scott was using the elbow quite a lot which made what he was doing worse and was warned a couple of times. No doubt in my mind Chisora would have stopped Scott if the fight had continued, Scott was slowing down (thanks to the early body work) and Chisora's work rate doesn't drop off.

Comment

he also either quit or took a dive so the hell with him.

scott was well ahead on the score cards at the time.

Comment

Nice work Delboy

Comment

There was a straight right Chisora landed in either the 5th or 6th while Scott was jumping back into the rope that nearly doubled him over. I wonder if that's the shot that made Scott want to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
                he also either quit or took a dive so the hell with him.

scott was well ahead on the score cards at the time.
                Uhm, no he wasn't, as this proves. Or, since I've never seen the official scorecards, Chisora at least deserved to be leading comfortably.

Actually, I have to admit, while I was confident Chisora was on his way to a comfortable UD or later stoppage were it not for round 6 ko, I did have it much closer than compubox indicated. Scott is really slick and tricky. Chisora was always the aggressor and harder puncher, the only reason Scott should ever have won a round over Chisora is by landing significantly more punches than Chisora. Like most observers, I thought that happened a couple times. Its rare I get it this wrong. Anyway, hopefully this can put the whole nonissue of the ko even more to rest. Chisora was thoroughly dominating Scott.

Comment

I read somewhere that Scott was up two points before the KD so he wasn't winning by a huge amount

Comment

Some punches connected in this fight? Must have blinked.

Comment

Working...
                    X