Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana: I’m Ready For Amir Khan in April!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually love this fight for Khan(and Maidana)..But only at 140lb(which I don't know if Maidana can make anymore)the fight makes plenty of sense..Fighting a puncher who Khan has confidence he can beat to get some confidence back is a very smart idea...If the fight was made I would say great fight all the way around..

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
      Its okay for Amir Khan to not rematch Maidana because since then he has fought Peterson and Garcia, some massive punchers.
      peterson is a massive puncher? Also you make it sound like maidana has no right to a rematch because Khan moved on to better competition....last I checked he lost to peterson and got destroyed in less than 4 rounds by Garcia. your whole argument holds no weight cuz Khan lost both of those matches, one of them in hilarious fashion. if anything he was the heavy favorite in both fights and lost both. if maidana is as bad as you say he is then the rematch is perfect cuz maybe Khan should take a step down in the level of his opposition cuz when he stepped up he got destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
        peterson is a massive puncher? Also you make it sound like maidana has no right to a rematch because Khan moved on to better competition....last I checked he lost to peterson and got destroyed in less than 4 rounds by Garcia. your whole argument holds no weight cuz Khan lost both of those matches, one of them in hilarious fashion. if anything he was the heavy favorite in both fights and lost both. if maidana is as bad as you say he is then the rematch is perfect cuz maybe Khan should take a step down in the level of his opposition cuz when he stepped up he got destroyed.
        Are you seriously advocating that Khan should look to take on easier opponents and at the same time criticize him for not rematching Maidana?

Nothing you say makes any sense man. And when did I say Maidana is over-rated? What are you on about? Please read properly, before spouting off.

Peterson was on Peds, most normal people don't hold that lose against Khan, and even so, the point is Khan is fighting tough opponents, and that Maidana is not, that he is harping on Khan. Is any of this wrong? No.

So again, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about at all. You seem to be arguing against yourself in some weird kind of Khan hate. Hate him all you want, but try to keep your line of thinking straight, so you make some sense.

You cannot criticize Khan for aiming for tough opponents and then criticize him for not fighting Maidana, makes no effing sense dude. It's one or the other. Seriously, think a little.

Comment

Khan Ortiz won't happen - it's a 147 fight

Khan Maidana could happen - it's a catchweight fight (144)

Khan Lopez is more likely than both... - needs to lost a couple of pounds he gained from fighting Canelo.

Comment

Are you seriously advocating that Khan should look to take on easier opponents and at the same time criticize him for not rematching Maidana?

Nothing you say makes any sense man. And when did I say Maidana is over-rated? What are you on about? Please read properly, before spouting off.

Peterson was on Peds, most normal people don't hold that lose against Khan, and even so, the point is Khan is fighting tough opponents, and that Maidana is not, that he is harping on Khan. Is any of this wrong? No.

So again, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about at all. You seem to be arguing against yourself in some weird kind of Khan hate. Hate him all you want, but try to keep your line of thinking straight, so you make some sense.

You cannot criticize Khan for aiming for tough opponents and then criticize him for not fighting Maidana, makes no effing sense dude. It's one or the other. Seriously, think a little.
            What makes you say Maidana has not been fighting tough opponents??

Fact is Khan has lost two back to back fights,I would rather see Khan fight Lopez or Peterson rematch then get a crack at Garcia with a win over Molina..Khan has to earn his way to the top bro,bottom line..Matt's and Rios are way ahead of Khan on Garcia's list..Or at least they should be...

I like Khan vs Garcia,but you can't change the fact that Khan has lost twice(one in brutal fashion)and there are more deserving fighters ahead of him now...Khan Maidana does not sound like a bad idea tbh,or Khan Peterson(who remember still holds the ibf strap)...

Comment

i dont see this fight getting made its a lose-lose fight for khan id love to see maidana knock khan out but this wont be made maidana isnt a very impressive fighter at all but i think it is possible . if khan takes it maidana isnt a real big attraction and not much money for him win or lose and if he wins hes basically gonna be at the same spot hes at now if he loses he might as well retire.

Comment

I'm not advocating anything I'm looking at your argument where you said Khan shouldn't fight maidana because he has since stepped up in competition. what I'm saying is you're neglecting the fact that he lost both of those fights, one of them wasn't even close. just because he stepped up in competition doesn't mean he should stay there if he's not good enough, a fact you neglect to acknowledge.

I never said you claimed maidana to be overrated. I said you think he's a bad fighter. thinking someone is a bad fighter and thinking they're overrated are two different things. perhaps it is you who should read properly before sprouting off? or maybe you don't necessarily think he's bad, just that he's not as good as Khan. however, his fight against Khan proves that maidana is at least around Khans league considering how close it was. maybe Khan is a lot better but he didn't prove it in that fight or in his fights against peterson and Garcia.

Peterson's peds issue isn't really an issue. his testosterone levels were still well below the limit which lends credence to his claim that he had a deficiency. further to that it wouldn't have been an issue if he asked for an exemption. the problem isn't that he had a testosterone boost, it was that he neglected to mention it. but even if it's an issue he still lost the fight.

I'm not criticizing him for aiming for tough opponents, I'm criticizing you for saying that he should ignore all challenges unless they're the elites of the division. he went against them and lost so he can challenge tough competition all he wants but if he's not winning then I don't see where your thinking of how he should ignore maidana comes from. to say maidana hadn't fought tough competition is not entirely accurate. he fought Morales, Ortiz and Alexander. he lost to Alexander but that's no different than Khan losing to Garcia who at the time hadn't beaten anyone besides an older Morales. for all this talk about Khan stepping up in competition the only top level opponents he had fought are peterson and Garcia and he lost both fights. maybe you can put Judah in there depending on how you see Judah at the time of that fight.

also for all this talk about tougher competition, you forget that maidana fought a close fight Khan won but barely. it's not much different than his fight with peterson. either way if the argument is that he should get another shot at Garcia then I don't see why maidana doesn't get another shot. their fight was much closer than Khans fight with Garcia. perhaps you need to read what I wrote instead of getting offended over nothing. I didn't say he should take on easier opponents just for the sake of it. I said he should take easier opponents if he can't beat the tougher ones which up to this point appears to be true.

please also note that tough competition is not necessarily the same as elite level competition. so while maidana would be tough for Khan, as proven in the first fight, it doesn't mean I'm saying maidana is elite or in same level as Garcia etc. so when I say Khan might want to take a step back and fight maidana I'm just acknowledging that maidana is not elite, not bad, just not elite. Khan at this point had his shot at top competition and lost. now he needs to take a small step back to rebuild. which is what he did in the Molina fight anyways so maidana has a decent argument for a rematch. so if I say Khan should take an easier opponent in maidana how does it not make sense? Garcia is the current champ so he's at the top. he destroyed Khan so taking a slightly lower level of competition puts him at maidanas level. which given the outcome of the first fight relative to the outcome of his fight with Garcia, is more indicative of Khans level.
                Last edited by danktrees; 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

kahn shouldnt b picky about any fight comming his way. take wut u can get cuz u gotta prove to every1 ur glass jaw can hold. heez already tasted maidanas power thats y he duznt want a rematch. any good boxer that can time theyre punches & find his jaw thru all that speed can KO him.

Comment

Working...
                  X