Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Chiropractors legit???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're legit as long as they aren't non-English speaking Asians who offer handjobs.

Comment

I want to see a chiropractor but I'm afraid because I was told by several people that they mess your back up more.

Comment

it is a short term fix but i have left the chiropractors office feeling better, that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
          it is a short term fix but i have left the chiropractors office feeling better, that is for sure.
          It wasn't short term for me, depending on how much was fixed by the chiropractor versus other factors. I had lower back pain when I was 16. After 3 months worth of visits to the chiropractor, it went away and never came back. I learned how to crack my back after going there and started doing push-ups to develop my back more, which probably helped. I'm 27 now so it's been awhile, and this is with an irreversible lower back condition which makes it impossible for me to touch my toes.

Comment

My cousin is an orthopaedic consultant/surgeon,
            He told me they are shambles and very bad for you..

People keep going back because they make you feel good by basically cracking and joint that can possibly be cracked in your body, leaving you feeling relaxed and light, but in the long run they have no long term benefits.

These "doctors" who practise chiropracting can often get their Certs in a 6 months to a year,
            Whereas an orthopaedic consultant studies for nearly 12 years and costs just as much to see and actually knows what they are doing.

Sure in Ireland, chiropractors aren't even licensed to practise here on a medical grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

People keep going back because they make you feel good by basically cracking and joint that can possibly be cracked in your body, leaving you feeling relaxed and light, but in the long run they have no long term benefits.

These "doctors" who practise chiropracting can often get their Certs in a 6 months to a year,
              Whereas an orthopaedic consultant studies for nearly 12 years and costs just as much to see and actually knows what they are doing.

Sure in Ireland, chiropractors aren't even licensed to practise here on a medical grounds.

Damn that is some solid info bruh

Comment

It's a respected field in the US and takes 3 years post-grad.

Comment

I depends where you are. In the US they are licensed and controlled and chiropractor is a restricted term. I would still see an orthopedist first because there are a lot of chiropractors who fully embrace woo and quackery.

Comment

This is correct. I know people who taught themselves how to crack back like chiros. Does the same thing.

Comment

My nephew goes to a chiropractor and swears by it. Like everything I don't know about, I tend to do massive research and read as much about it from lagit sources to get a better understanding of it. This is what I learned....

Basically chiropractors are lagit but to a certain extent. They can basically help out with basic pains because of joint discomfort and bad alignments in your spine. They cannot however cure long term, serious injures or disease's to the spine or bones.

Studies have shown they can give comfort and relief from basic stuff. I also didn't find any evidence of them doing more damage to you from it. I don't know, I'm going next week for the first time ever and I will see if it helps me out because I have neck and shoulder pains from boxing throughout the years.

Comment

Working...
                      X