Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Canelo so deadly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that he has the best match making in the sport. He hasn't fought anybody with a pulse.
    Canela needs to stop running from Martinez and Chavez.

Comment

• They say that his red hair is caused by fire, fire from HELL which makes him a demon in the ring.

Comment

• The one thing that cannot be denied about Alvarez is his power, and that he has a damn good offensive arsenal. I question how effective that arsenal would be when he steps up, but it is there, and its legit.

Comment

• His Potential!

Right now I wouldn't say anything currently is "DEADLY" about Canelo...but he does have protential, but I thought GBP and Oscar did not do him any favors by over protecting him and not allowing him to fight the Top Fighters at 154 which could have really prepared him for Mayweather

To me Broner SURPASSED Canelo in 2012 as one of the future faces in boxing because Broner jumped to 135 and took the guy that was rated #1 in that division and now he is trying to fight the rest of the top fighters in that Division...THAT IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE! And maybe that is why Broner remained on HBO while Canelo had to go fight on Showtime...JUST SAYING!

Canelo path has been PATHETIC, he himself is a damn welterweight but he jumped up to 154 and fought a BUM for Sergio Martinez vacant belt then after that fighting BUMS and OLD WASHED UP FIGHTERS and Light Welterweights! Nothing against Canelo but that is the TRUTH!
          Last edited by sicko; 12-15-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• People call Canelo patient, but I feel that he's calculated that way because he's scared of tiring out in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              The one thing that cannot be denied about Alvarez is his power, and that he has a damn good offensive arsenal. I question how effective that arsenal would be when he steps up, but it is there, and its legit.
              I actually think it can be questioned

He can punch, but I think his power get's overrated. The only person he's legitimately knocked out is a well past prime Baldomir.

How he didn't manage to stop Matthew Hatton, I will truly, never know.

He does punch hard though, especially when he sit's down on his punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                don't forget about this.

Triple H was about to put the beat down on Hopkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I actually think it can be questioned

He can punch, but I think his power get's overrated. The only person he's legitimately knocked out is a well past prime Baldomir.

How he didn't manage to stop Matthew Hatton, I will truly, never know.

He does punch hard though, especially when he sit's down on his punches.
                  Not saying he's a knockout artist, but he can punch. The power is one of the few things we know for sure about him. His ability to deliver that power is where the major questions arise.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Not saying he's a knockout artist, but he can punch. The power is one of the few things we know for sure about him. His ability to deliver that power is where the major questions arise.
                    Oh yeah, no question.

Like I said earlier in this thread, when he sits down on his punches, he has legitimate power.

That's probably the only thing that really impresses me about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                      We know he has 1 punch KO power but else does he have to his arsenal? He doesn't have the fastest foot or hand speed, he's got pretty good timing and feints but certainly not the greatest in history, he seems to just be overpowering guys with his above average skills and his deadly power, is there more to his story
                      Great white hope

and yes, i know he is mexican.

Could be another Jeff Lacy. We all know what happened to the american hype when undefeated calzaghe showed him who was boss..then RJJ and bernard hopkins
                      Last edited by Xercen; 12-15-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X