No announcement yet.

What's greater for Cotto's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Nobody can say that before seeing the fight.

Sometimes people say things like oh you changed your stance after the fi happens... Well sometimes that happens because things happen in real time that make you realize things are in reality are different.

If Floyd LOOKS old, noticebly slower, looks tired and just off, you would start thinking 35years old is 35 years old... But if hes not.. If he still looks sharp and quick but Cotto is bringing a new level of pressure with timing and power and hes simply doing more than Floyd.. Then no I wouldnt really attribute it to age.

Although weight could be a factor.. The only time hes fought at 154, the fight was relatively close... But Oscar has much more size then Cotto.
    The Hoya that Mayweather fought at JMW smashes, Pac, Cotto, Margarito without the plaster, and Mosley without the cream. I don't think Mayweather will weigh more than 150 for the fight and IMO will look as big if not bigger than Cotto.

Comment

Taking Floyd Jr's 0 would be huge to any boxer's legacy.

Losing to both is nothing to be ashamed about either.

IMHO- Cotto's win against Margarito is even more greater than a revenge win against Manny. Only a win against Floyd would top his Marg win.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Nobody can say that before seeing the fight.

Sometimes people say things like oh you changed your stance after the fi happens... Well sometimes that happens because things happen in real time that make you realize things are in reality are different.

If Floyd LOOKS old, noticebly slower, looks tired and just off, you would start thinking 35years old is 35 years old... But if hes not.. If he still looks sharp and quick but Cotto is bringing a new level of pressure with timing and power and hes simply doing more than Floyd.. Then no I wouldnt really attribute it to age.

Although weight could be a factor.. The only time hes fought at 154, the fight was relatively close... But Oscar has much more size then Cotto.
        That's a good post and I sometimes wonder about that myself. Mayweather looked good in his fight with Ortiz BUT he didn't get enough rounds in. In other words, he's fought 4 rounds in the last 21 months. That is horrible. I keep saying that Mayweather's performance over Mosley was the best performance he had since Gatti. It had everything you wanted: you got Floyd taking on someone who people said he was ducking (a guy coming off of a HUGE upset in KOing previously "never before stopped" Margarito), you had a guy who could punch, you had an opponent who was known, you had Floyd getting hurt, you had Floyd coming back to persevere, you had Floyd putting on a clinic, and finally...people once again having their jaws dropped at what Floyd can do. Unfortunately, the Ortiz fight probably irked a lot of people who had previously begun to like him.

Maybe he'll win them back by beating Cotto, but that's the thing with Floyd now...you never know when he might get up there and realize that father time snuck up on him. Yes, I know. He doesn't drink or smoke and he takes care of himself, but...you just NEVER know. It's stupid (and it sounds almost borderline Skip Bayless-ish) but Mayweather losing this fight would REALLY hurt sales for a Pacquiao fight.

May the best man win. My heart's with Cotto but Floyd's too good to not bet on.

I got Floyd UD 117-113.

Comment

To be the first to beat Money Mayweather. Would be the greatest accomplishment of his career, surpassing the Margarito 2 revenge.

Comment

well, pac is hands down higher in the ATG list than floyd is.....that we can all agree...second, pac already beat cotto...

putting those 2 together = cotto avenging his loss to pac would do more IMO...

Comment

I was pondering this and I think Mayweather because if he beats Pac, people will just say Pac was past it. If he beats Mayweather, he'll have done something nobody else has done before as well as beat the guy most consider ahead of Pacquiao P4P.

Comment

Beating Mayweather finally puts him on the same level as Tito.

Cotto does not have a victory in his resume like Tito's over DLH. This one could be as big.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Simple question(s) with plenty of room for debate:

Would beating Mayweather and taking away his 0 be a bigger boost to Cotto's legacy; often regarded as one of the top 50 fighters of all time or

Avenging his brutal defeat at the hands of Manny Pacquiao, also regarded as one of the top 50 fighters of all time be a bigger boost to legacy.

Also, would losing to either in a highly competitive, maybe controversial, but ultimately fun fight also raise his stock historically

Discuss

*troll alert*Try to stay on topic please, I know its hard and I realize that its most likely a forgone conclusion that Mayweather will win, but do your best
                  Either would be good for him if he could win the fight,but let's be honest..He has no shot at beating either of umm..Sorry I could not help but tell it like it is..

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
                    Beating Mayweather finally puts him on the same level as Tito.

Cotto does not have a victory in his resume like Tito's over DLH. This one could be as big.
                    Cotto beat Mosley bro,he's not on Tito's level because Tito moved threw weight classes and was dominate..But Cotto has a win like the Hoya win for Tito..

Comment

Anyone taking Mayweathers 0 will solidify there legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X