Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Talks Peterson, Facing The Berto-Ortiz Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Talks Peterson, Facing The Berto-Ortiz Winner

We are about a month away from Amir Khan’s defense of his WBA junior welterweight crown against the always-capable Lamont Peterson. Having blossomed as a fighter over the past three years under the guidance of his trainer Freddie Roach, this figures to be Khan’s last fight at 140 pounds before he moves up and chases bigger fights in the welterweight class.

[Click Here To Read More]

I think Khan beats Ortits and against Berto I think Berto decisions Khan or late stoppage! But Money May dominates all three of them all day everyday!

Comment

Amir cleans the floor with Berto and beats Ortiz convincingly.

Comment

For some reason, Khan is one of the few top boxers who will call people out and you know he'll really step into the ring or at least try too.

Would love to see him against Ortiz, that's a fight I've wanted for the past few years now

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Amir cleans the floor with Berto and beats Ortiz convincingly.
          I think they are both very dangerous fights for different reasons. Berto because he has the ability to land single fast, explosive punches, and for someone that throws as many punches as khan that is dangerous because he could get caught mid-combination with a punch he doesn't see. That threat would be there the whole fight.

Against Ortiz, he is a very good fighter on the inside, and that will cause big problems for Khan when he falls in, Ortiz will put good combinations on him, head and body, and a southpaw which is right handed, which always very dangerous because khan has to watch for the right hook.

Overall though you are right...if you are going to play the percentage game you would take Khan in both fights, he is more consistent, especially with his workrate, and has significant height and reach advantages, but they are complicated fights.

Comment

Berto and Ortiz are both good fights for Khan.What people forget is that Khan is one dimensional and doesnt have a B game.Berto and Ortiz could figure him out and do a Maidana on him.Once Maidana figured Khan out,Khan spend the night running for survival.McCloskey made Khan look like a knob and he didnt have an alternative.His trainer Roach is just a roach,he cant think outside the box and come with another plan.Khan doesnt have a boxing brain,only does what's told and cant think for himself.

Comment

"His trainer Roach is just a roach,he cant think outside the box and come with another plan"

i'll pass you a tissue so then you can wipe that $h!t from your month.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                For some reason, Khan is one of the few top boxers who will call people out and you know he'll really step into the ring or at least try too.

Would love to see him against Ortiz, that's a fight I've wanted for the past few years now
                hahahahzha..... sike!!!!
                Last edited by Hougigo; 11-11-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Khan needs to go to '47 if this is the best he can do..a head case and Berto, who can't sell peanuts to a vendor...these bouts won't make $$ of which khan usually gets lions share...

Comment

Khan is a hyped up, delusional, mouth who was KO'd by Prescott and Maidana cause a unbiased ref would've stopped that fight in the 10th round. I hope Peterson shows up. You can talk about Ortiz and Berto all you want but both of them would smash Khan not to mention Bradley. Con wont fight Ortiz or Berto because his delusional ass would want 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                    X