No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Let's Play Two? Bellew, Chilemba Fight To Stalemate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Let's Play Two? Bellew, Chilemba Fight To Stalemate

By Jake Donovan - Tony Bellew pined for a rematch with Nathan Cleverly from the moment he was announced as the losing fighter in their terrific Oct. ’11 slugfest. A second dance with the unbeaten light heavyweight titlist never happened; neither, for the foreseeable moment, will a mandated shot at any other major title.

Several shifts in tide led to a split decision draw between Bellew and Isaac Chilemba in their 12-round light heavyweight eliminator Saturday evening in Bellew’s hometown of Liverpool, England.

Scores were 116-112 for Chilemba, 116-115 in favor of Bellew and 114-114 even. The verdict came on the heels of a split decision draw in the evening’s co-feature, a rematch between Derry Mathews and Anthony Crolla. [Click Here To Read More]

Stale it was.................

Comment

That was some of the most biased commentary of recent memory for me. Chilemba got almost no credit for the counters he landed early in the fight, and throughout the fight he landed the better shots, though Bellew threw more eye-catching punches.

I thought the draw was fair, though I had Chilemba edging it.

Comment

chilemba was robbed he schooled bellew

Comment

worst commentary in boxing history. Bellew was NOWHERE, although I am OK with a draw because Chilemba didn't do much in the first rounds.

Rematch should be easy work for Chilemba if he picks up where he left.

SkySports should look for some new commentators.

Comment

Jim Watt is a ****ing Twat...
            Always couldnt stand that prick... i muted it after second round... caus i know how biased sky wankers are
            For me Bellew was lucky to even get a draw..... Chilemba took his ass to school.

Comment

I had Chilemba taking over after the 4th round. He made Bellew hit fresh air. I thought the way Bellew conducted himself from start to finish was classless. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, and the Sky Sports team make him out to be.

I have very little interest in a rematch. I don't think it will sell at all.

Comment

thank christ i wasn't the only one then..

I am really not sure what fight the commentators were watching, but i agree with what was said above, from round 4 onwards it was watching Bellew miss the few punches he was throwing, and watching Chilemba pop him with the jab and right hand. Might not have been a lot on the punches, but atleast they were landing.

Comment

That guy Nick Halling is insufferable, and a professional buttlick, of Adam Smith variety

Comment

I thought I was going to be the only one who thought Chilemba probably won but glad I'm not.

The Sky team, Halling and Watt, were once again awful.

They said Bellew clearly won the first 6 rounds? On what planet? Chilemba landed the cleaner, crisper punches in every round and Bellew was made to miss badly in every round. Only difference is Bellew outworked him more in 1-6 compared to 7-12 but no way did Bellew sweep 1-6.

I didn't score the fight but watching it, I thought it was clearly close and if anything I felt Chilemba won. 7-12, although he may not have won them all he clearly won 3 of them and could argue he won all of them except maybe 12 but even that was close.

He definitely has an argument for some of the first 6 rounds too.

Eddie Hearn had Bellew by a point and John Conteh had it a draw.

Absolutely no way was Bellew robbed.

Comment

Working...
                    X