Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I will say again saying and doing are completely different things~

Dawson said 168 would be no big deal, younger than Sergio but his style is very reliant on athleticism

Cotto said 145 would be no issue~ younger than Martinez and not near as reliant on athleticism.

Oscar said he would make 147 no problem~ younger than Martinez and less reliant on athleticism.

That is just recent, dudes will say whatever like Floyd says he is the greatest of all time does that make him the best of all time because he states that.
    I'm trying to give Bush the benefit of the doubt, and I'm assuming that he is aware that he's trolling.

Martinez clearly stated after the PWill rematch two years ago that he could go no lower than '56. Two years ago.

Two years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      So you bring yet another topic off subject?? Good luck with that.
      Bring a weak agenda and it gets addressed.

Still in the business of giving people advice involving throwing a lead hook while fighting on the inside?

Comment

I will say again saying and doing are completely different things~

Dawson said 168 would be no big deal, younger than Sergio but his style is very reliant on athleticism

Cotto said 145 would be no issue~ younger than Martinez and not near as reliant on athleticism.

Oscar said he would make 147 no problem~ younger than Martinez and less reliant on athleticism.

That is just recent, dudes will say whatever like Floyd says he is the greatest of all time does that make him the best of all time because he states that.
        Dawson is a big light-heavy who probaby rehydrates to 190 on fight night.

Cotto recently said that the 145 lb catch weight was not a factor in his loss to Pac.

Oscar was younger than Sergio but in boxing years he was older and on the decline for years, Segio is at the peak of his career.

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
        I'm trying to give Bush the benefit of the doubt, and I'm assuming that he is aware that he's trolling.

Martinez clearly stated after the PWill rematch two years ago that he could go no lower than '56. Two years ago.

Two years ago.
        What Sergio said two years ago is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Dawson is a big light-heavy who probaby rehydrates to 190 on fight night.

Cotto recently said that the 145 lb catch weight was not a factor in his loss to Pac.

Oscar was younger than Sergio but in boxing years he was older and on the decline for years, Segio is at the peak of his career.

I don't agree that Dawson is a big light heavyweight, if he was he couldn't have even sniffed 168.

Cotto seems to say a lot of stuff about that fight, the bigger factor was probably the lack of a trainer which comes with lack of a solid plan. 145 certainly didn't help him on fight night even if it only played a small role it still had an effect.

I don't think Sergio is at his peak and he has plenty of boxing miles. Now maybe not Oscar partying miles but I would think it was fairly even when you take into account actual age difference. Plus Oscar was more technically sound while Sergio is heavily reliant on athleticism, guys who are more reliant on athleticism are more vulnerable to the ravages of time.

Comment

Of course, because it's much easier shedding weight when aging.

Comment

I don't agree that Dawson is a big light heavyweight, if he was he couldn't have even sniffed 168.

Cotto seems to say a lot of stuff about that fight, the bigger factor was probably the lack of a trainer which comes with lack of a solid plan. 145 certainly didn't help him on fight night even if it only played a small role it still had an effect.

I don't think Sergio is at his peak and he has plenty of boxing miles. Now maybe not Oscar partying miles but I would think it was fairly even when you take into account actual age difference. Plus Oscar was more technically sound while Sergio is heavily reliant on athleticism, guys who are more reliant on athleticism are more vulnerable to the ravages of time.
              During the Hopkins/Dawson fight Nazim was yelling "another cruiserweight hiding at light-heavy". What more you need to know?

Cotto weighed in at 146 in his previous fight. Losing an extra lb probably didn't affect him at all and he confirmed it.

Sergio started boxing at 20. No matter how you look at it, he has less mileage than Oscar had against Pac. And he's coming off a great performance.

You're just speculating. Nobody knows how good Martinez will be coming back down to 154 after a couple years.

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
              Of course, because it's much easier shedding weight when aging.
              Nobody's saying it's gonna be easier or harder, but pulling a quote from 2 years ago is irrelevant. Dude wants to come down to 54 now, that's all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                Kelly Pavlik : 6-2, 75 inch reach
                Paul Williams: 6-3, 82 inch reach

Andre Ward: 6-0 , 70 inch reach
                Carl Froch: 6-1, 75 inch reach

I think Sergio walks around at like 170-175, Floyd walks around at around 160 now. This is significant but if Floyd thinks he is the greatest of all time he should welcome this challenge. I don't think Sergio is a much bigger a man than Victor Ortiz to be honest.

Comment

• We want the rematch first culitoooo!!

Comment

During the Hopkins/Dawson fight Nazim was yelling "another cruiserweight hiding at light-heavy". What more you need to know?

Cotto weighed in at 146 in his previous fight. Losing an extra lb probably didn't affect him at all and he confirmed it.

Sergio started boxing at 20. No matter how you look at it, he has less mileage than Oscar had against Pac. And he's coming off a great performance.

You're just speculating. Nobody knows how good Martinez will be coming back down to 154 after a couple years.

Nobody's saying it's gonna be easier or harder, but pulling a quote from 2 years ago is irrelevant. Dude wants to come down to 54 now, that's all that matters.
                    Why would I care what Nazeem says about an opponent for his guy~ he isn't that big a 175 pounder a big 175 will eventually end up at heavy, Dawson will never be a heavy.

An extra pound can be everything if you don't have an ounce to give. That is also a lot of extra work that can't be focused on the actual fight. Not that that extra time to work would have done anything considering his trainer was a hack.

I don't agree Sergio is about the same, he currently is at 54 fights Oscar only had 44 going into the Manny fight and he was not in a whole bunch of super tough fights, a few were tough but he was mostly a boxer who limited the damage he was taking. More fights over a shorter period, is not a good thing. Now Sergio has less partying miles but I don't think Sergio is just chill inbetween fights either. Oh and beating up JCC Jr. which I said he would do without much problem doesn't do much for me.

I know for a fact Sergio is worse off going down to 154 than he is staying at 160, him being close to the same would be him beating very long odds and guys like Sergio can't decline a lot and maintain.

It is real simple.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-28-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Dawson wanted to go to '68, how'd that go?

Comment

Working...
                      X