Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mike Tyson came out of retirement to fight Wlad in Vegas.whats the split?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    Who should get what percentage and why?
    Tyson could probably get as much as 40% plus bonuses for US TV Ratings, PPV Sales and live gate etc.

And the Klits would be absolutely happy with that because Tyson would bring in that $$$.

I might be overestimating because Im a fan though.

Tyson last PPVs didn't do too good, that could also have been a sign that the public knows that the Tyson era is done and they aren't interested in seeing the old Tyson. If that's the case (which the more I think of it, that sounds more reasonable) then Tyson gets no more than 25% plus bonuses ONLY because its in Vegas.

Remember when Tyson did a PPV of himself sparring with Corey Sanders? T Rex? What was up with TRex eyeball? It was completely white...

Comment

i think that boxing would do a hell of a lot better if we had standard purse splits for every fight.

something along the lines of:

champion vs challenger - 70/30

champion vs champion - 50/50

at least that way its 1 less obstacle in making a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
        People are not that stupid, it would hardly sale. Wlad 80%
        Crazy this fight will sell more
        because everyone wants to see Tyson
        not Wlad.

Comment

wlad 60-40

Comment

Some people have a pretty low opinion of boxing fans and people in general if they think they would buy this $ hit.

This fight would probably do better in Germany because they have sold Wlad against no hopers before and they sell out.

I would then the American fight fan were a bit more savvy, maybe I'm wrong.

And if any idiot were to order this on PPV then you would get exactly what you deserve.

This fight would make Haye vs Harrison look like the Thrilla in Manila.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              lets be real and honest here.casual fans would hear the name Tyson and instantly buy the fight.would he have a chance to win??HELL NAW!!!!!!!!!!but even some old school hardcore fans would buy the fight.they wouldnt tell anyone but they'd buy it
              Casual fans, are Casual fans, they don't go buying PPV, in numbers. In fact if this fight were to happen and was on PPV, they would be a campaign to stop it and boycott the PPV and which ever promoter put it on.

You must hang out with some real thick *&%^, with more money than sense, because I don't anyone with an ounce of boxing knowledge that would not think this fight is a farce.

You know, I know it, anyone with couple of brain cells knows it.

Shame on anyone that would want see this fight, because you are not a boxing fan if you do.

Wlad would demand around 85% and he will get it, but as a result, Wlad's legacy will be tatters, just as Tyson's face and heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                If this fight happened it would be the final nail in the Heavyweight coffin.

85/15 Wlad.

Wlad is the champ, Tyson is comedian, Wlad has the belts, Tyson been making new belt holes, Wlad still at his peak, Tyson so far over the hill he going underground now and not many Hangover fans are boxing fans.

Would boxing fans want to see this?

No they wouldn't and shouldn't.

Great post.

Wlad 80%-20% Tyson and I'm being kind to Iron Mike.

Comment

It would be something like 70-30 for Klit but It should be something like 90-10 for klit.

Comment

tysons not getting less than 50%

Comment

Tyson gets a very small guaranteed percentage but a large sum of PPV buys since that's what he'll be bringing in.

Comment

Working...
                      X