Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier has passed away. RIP Warrior.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

requiescat in pacem

Comment

RIP champ.

Comment

That is too bad, he was and always will be a true great!

Comment

Byby Champ'

Comment

There were two fighters completely responsible for my becoming a boxing fan. One was Roy Jones Jr., who is the first fighter I remember watching as a kid. The other was Joe Frazier, who as weird as this sounds I first remember from a set of encyclopedias my parents had. Each one was dedicated to events that happened in a certain year, and most of them were from between 1967-1973, so there were large parts of them dedicated to boxing. I remember reading about Joe Frazier in the years leading up to the Fight of the Century, being interested, and asking my parents about Frazier, and eventually seeing fights they had taped. Eventually I saw Frazier fights on ESPN Classic, and was immediately a fan. There's never been anyone I enjoyed watching more.

I hope that with his passing, we can appreciate Joe's career for how special it was. I also hope that we can reflect on his life without immediately bringing up Ali. Yes he was a large part of Joe's career, but Joe himself was about so much more.

You'll never be forgotten while there's a real boxing fan left in the world Mr. Frazier. Rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
              R.I.P. champ you were a great champion first man to beat ali and some of the wars you gave in the ring will be missed im seriously shocked by this and saddened as an ali fan i always take my hat off to mr frazier always have done the man was always a gentleman and will forever be missed in the sport rest easy champ
              put a tribute for mr frazier in my sig as well, indeed a sad sad day for the sport

Comment

RIP Joe Frazier.

Comment

RIP Smoking JOE!

Comment

Working...
                  X