Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messi is more talented then any American Football/Baseball/Basketball player ever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJdxs5683p0

Comment

• no problem with that.

Probably the most talented sportsman in the world, imo.

I don't watch the American sports so I'm not going to wrapped up in that debate. But they are 'American sports'. I'm sorry but they're not worth as much.

Comment

• When trying to explain the athleticism of guys in the NBA for example think of it like this.

Roy Jones Jr. wowed people with his athletic ability in boxing. Not because of his 'skills' or boxing ability but because of his straight up raw talent which has never been seen before. His raw talent was the skill set that translated for him not just to boxing but to other sports, remember he played semi-pro basketball while boxing.

The athletes in basketball possess the same raw talent that Roy Jones Jr. had and there is a league full of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Homeless Lump View Post
          It's a bad example... look at Ronaldo instead.. just as good footballer but he is a pure athlete.. 6ft + pure muscle/power. Guy used to get kicked repeatedly but shrugged it off and was never injured that much
          Ronaldo is within the bounds of physical normality, though.

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
          Why don't you Europeans understand that Americans could care less about football/soccer? No one cares about it. Most Americans think it's only a sport for ****sexuals.
          Almost the entire world outside America is crazy about it.

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i think most of the "american" stance on this has to do with the fact that lebrons athleticism translates to physical superiority in more sports.
          Already addressed.

Comment

• American's seem to appreciate athleticism more than skill.

Messi is a master of his craft.

If American loved 'soccer' they still wouldn't be that good at it. They would be as good as England. Our players are usually good athletes in relative terms but they aren't technically good enough. Athleticism isn't the be all and end all in football.
            Last edited by Sparked_1985; 04-05-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X