No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado-Zab Judah Clash in Play For The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado-Zab Judah Clash in Play For The Fall

BoxingScene.com has been advised by a source familiar with the negotiations that a junior welterweight title fight between Mike Alvarado and Zab Judah is in play for October or November in Denver on HBO. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity, as they are not yet free to talk on the subject. RingTV's Mark Ortega was first to report the possibility of the fight.

Alvarado (34-1, 23 KOs) is recovering from surgery to repair a torn tendon in the middle finger of his left hand, so he can't fight any sooner than the fall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zab wins this fight

Comment

I would've preferred to see Alvarado-Provindikov.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
        I would've preferred to see Alvarado-Provindikov.
        me too.but this is a good fight.and zab's at the end of his career. alvarado needs a break from a war type fight. then he can get in there with a provodn,pacquiao,or the rios trilogy.

Comment

This isn't Top Rank-Golden Boy? Who's Judah's promoter?

Good fight. I'd pick Alvarado.

Comment

Why do they keep recycling Judah? But I guess it's better than recycling Morales again.

Comment

Boxing is putting out some nice fights, and the fact that I'd like to see this fight indicates that Zab Judah is perhaps disrespected too much. For all his faults he provides entertainment.

Comment

Judah's dad or trainer better tell him to retire...enough before he gets permanently hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Hornet View Post
                  Judah's dad or trainer better tell him to retire...enough before he gets permanently hurt.
                  I wouldn't say that, in the last fight against Garcia, I think Zab turned the clock back in the latter half of the fight and found that swaggar that had him blitzing through opponents in his prime. He was FINALLY letting his hands go and when he did, Danny was not liking it. IF Zab fought the whole fight how he fought second half, he would have won that night. I'm hoping it wasn't just a glimpse of old, I hope he has that in him for 12 rounds, because if he can put it together, Super can be back in the mix. His problem was that he became tentative after being cracked by Kostya Tszyu and stopped being an offensive monster after that fight due to his lack of confidence in his chin. Same ***** Mosley went through when he lost to Forrest and got clocked and almost ko'd, but Mosley fought to the end like a true great!

Alvarado is nice but some of y'all boostin him way too much. He is NOTHING special, and a prime Judah flattens him, so a good or very good Judah should have a chance at beating him. Would still pick Alvarado though as I cannot confidently say that Zab is back to Zab of old for real.

Comment

I would much prefer Ruslan vs. Alvarado or Zab vs Ruslan than this fight... I think in terms of recent performances and heart Ruslan deserves a good fight, where as Alvarado missed his shot at Pacquaio because he ignored his advice from his doctor on his hand injury.

I think both fighters would be in survival mode against Ruslan, I'm willing to bet he could floor Garcia and hits harder.

Comment

Working...
                    X