Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren Barker is not a fighting man.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barker showed tremendous heart and desire to win in his fight with Daniel Geale.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
      You're just saying he's not interested because he wasn't boasting about himself being world champion or being arrogant and not wanting to rank the other fighters out of respect,but he can sit back and be a bit cooler than usual cause he's achieved the goal that everyone around that table wants, I think he's just a nice guy and not you're average boxer type who gloats about himself, and you took that as him not being a fighting man, that's all wrong in my opinion.
      Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
      I really like Barker, I didn't think he'd beat Geale butall credit to him.
      I'd say don't judge others by your own standards or those you set for others.
      Read up on how he tried to help out someone who was getting beat up.
      He was hospitalised in this incident.He has also lost his brother.
      All in he doesn't have anything to prove to me.
      If he wants to make as much money and retire that's fine by me.
      He is a humble guy who has achieved something of worth
      I have nothing against the guy, i actually like him and i didn't mean it as a personal attack, that's just the way he came across to me.

Of course i have no problem with him cashing out, but i would have liked to have seen a bit more drive and passion in what he wants next in his boxing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        I have nothing against the guy, i actually like him and i didn't mean it as a personal attack, that's just the way he came across to me.

Of course i have no problem with him cashing out, but i would have liked to have seen a bit more drive and passion in what he wants next in his boxing career.
        As long as he shows drive & passion IN the ring he can be as casual as he wants outside it.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          As long as he shows drive & passion IN the ring he can be as casual as he wants outside it.
          Which is what i am suspecting we won't see Townsend lad.

Comment

So what is a fighting man? seen as a world champion in your book isnt a fighting man is a professional boxer not a fighting man? your Barking! up the wrong tree pun intended.

Comment

It sounded quite like a personal attack.
              My point is his life has shown him there is more to it than boxing.
              I think he might benefit from having won the title.
              It takes all sorts in this world. I like that we have something different in the form of a world champ in Barker.

Comment

Which is what i am suspecting we won't see Townsend lad.
                How many times have we seen boxers giving it the big 'un only to do bugger all once they get in the ring?

I can only judge Barker by his last fight & going on that he has plenty of fighting spirit.

Actions speak louder etc etc...

Comment

Ridiculous statement after what he did in the Geale fight...

Comment

Really must disagree re watched Geale -Barker yesterday very underrated fight constant action neither man wanted to quit and you really saw Barker's drive getting up from that knockdown cuz that liver blow was a killer

Comment

Originally posted by jio999 View Post
                      Really must disagree re watched Geale -Barker yesterday very underrated fight constant action neither man wanted to quit and you really saw Barker's drive getting up from that knockdown cuz that liver blow was a killer
                      Where did you watch it? Been searching for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X