No announcement yet.

Honestly is Martinez even worth 20 percent of PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    If Martinez can make 154 and Floyd claims to fight there, what is the issue? It's not like Martinez' frame grew, he added muscle mass to accommodate the higher weight.
    Because it loses legacy-value imho. Floyd doesn't even proclaim to fight for legacy anyway. Plus, he already has Canelo, who seems to be a potential cash cow. Canelo will probably bring in more revenue than Martinez, while at the same time presenting a smaller risk. Best of both worlds would be for Martinez to beat Canelo @154 before-hand.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Yeah man, that guy is getting his facts from the gutter or something. Martinez rehydrated to 167 in his last fight, Ward rehydrated up to 178. Ward is 6ft-3in, Martinez is 5ft-10in (maybe). Martinez started his career at 147,Ward 168.....they are nowhere near the same size, that's why I always laugh when people say Sergio should move up.....he has, twice now.
      Mayweather 5'8

Martinez 5'10

Ward 6ft.

Nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
        Mayweather 5'8

Martinez 5'10

Ward 6ft.

Nice try.
        Martinez fought at 154, Floyd last fought at 154....Ward never fought at 160.......big difference.

Comment

Martinez fought at 154, Floyd last fought at 154....Ward never fought at 160.......big difference.
          Mayweather has fought at 135 before

Remind me again when was the last time martinez fought 154?

Look I understand martinez is your fave fighter but quit making excuses for him. You know he likes picking on smaller guys but doesnt want anything to do with ward. Quit coming up with imaginary weights and imaginary split purses. Hes go5 more than he can handle in his own class.

Stop with the hate in 2013

Comment

wow some people REALLY don't like the idea of floyd fighting martinez. even if martinez is willing to drain himself, i wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
              wow some people REALLY don't like the idea of floyd fighting martinez. even if martinez is willing to drain himself, i wonder why?
              Its because hes not even willing to fight the young lions of his weight class and he wants to fight a smaller guy lol. He might wanna holla at GGG first then holla.

Comment

Working...
              X