No announcement yet.

If The Klitschkos Were 6'2 They'd Be At Best Average

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    We don't have power, speed and heart divisions. You know why? Because size/weight is a bigger advantage than anything else.
    thats right.
    you shave a few inches off of tyson to make him mayorga size and tysons skills could make him welter champ.
    you shave a few inches off of the klits. with the weak jab from the klits and not able too lean strait back out of reach these guys would be average.

Comment

this is what steve bunce talked about yesterday before the fight...obviously the height is a huge advantage. they would be just another heavyweight if they were not 6'7

Comment

Thats a bit unfair, thats like saying if Lennox lewis was 6ft 2 evander would have killed him? Or if mike tyson was 6ft 5 he would be the GOAT. You are what you are and do the best with what god has given you.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
          don't agree with you guys. but i might be misunderstood because of my semantics. you see i don't think the K bro's are that skilled of boxers.
          superflo i see tyson with his style and heart and skills beating his way to the top whether at 147 or 168 what ever.
          with the klitschkos there skill set is unremarkable its all about size.
          Well that's where you're wrong.

Comment

They suck. Just look at how much more skill Ricardo Lopez had.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
              That'd make them completely different fighters with different styles. That's like saying "What if Tyson was featherfisted".
              I agree. Over the the years there have been hundreds of heavyweight boxers as tall or taller than the Klitschkos but only Williard and Carnera were champions. No one says Canera or Williard were as good as the brothers.They are two of the best tall heavyweights that ever lived. There have been more heavyweight champs 6 foot 2 inches or shorter than champions 6 foot 5 inches or over. Wladimir just KOed a good heavyweight that was taller than him.There is more to being good than height and reach. If they were 6 foot 2 inches they would be lighter and faster and probably adopt a dirrerent style.

Comment

^ Valuev too. Lennox wasn't much smaller.

Comment

Sorry about the spelling. They would adopt a different style. What about the great Lennox Lewis? Would he have just been average if he were 3 inches shorter? Being tall is not an automatic big advantage. If it was then all the champions in all the weight classes would be tall thin guys.

Comment

hey does this work in reverse too...like if Tye Fields was 6'2" would he be awesome??

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Thats a bit unfair, thats like saying if Lennox lewis was 6ft 2 evander would have killed him? Or if mike tyson was 6ft 5 he would be the GOAT. You are what you are and do the best with what god has given you.
                      If Tyson had been 6'5" he would have been FAR slower, and easier to hit.

I have to agree with the OP to a certain extent.

Before Boxing was refined into a science if two unskilled bruisers got into a fight who usually won? It was generally the guy that was bigger and taller. I think the fact that the biggest tallest guys are so utterly dominant now is an indication of the fact that Boxing skills are on the decline in that division.
                      Last edited by res; 07-09-2012, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X