No announcement yet.

Immature boxing fans can take a lesson from MMA fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immature boxing fans can take a lesson from MMA fans

The immaturity on this forum is absurd .

Sometimes i dont know if some of you guys are actually serious or purposely acting brainless .

Fact = majority of boxing fans dont appreciate NOTHING .
    You see guys most mma fans have created a culture

IN WHICH LOSING AINT THAT BAD .
    These guys dont care about wins and losses as much as good fights .

Too many times ive seen this forums absolutely shred a boxer that loses a match calling him " BUM , TRASH , JANITOR , HE WAS NEVER GOOD , OVERATED , he doesnt belong on ppv no more ETC......

You guys have no respect for fighters when they lose . Its like you have to be a perfect record god for guys to applaud you ..............

I like how in MMA YOU CAN HAVE A GUY WITH 12 LOSSES AND WHO JUST LOST BY KO IN HIS LAST MATCH .. STILL HAVE STRONG FAN SUPPORT .

iF SITUATION WAS SWITCHED BOXING FANS WOULD be yelling he needs to retire fawkin bum .

Guys like silva , coleman , rampage have all been viciously knocked out and suffered consecutive losses ,...... and still went on to become stars in the ufc FAN RESPECT AND SUPPORT .

Guys like Paul williams suffer a ko loss AND FANS PRACTICALLY SURROUND HIM WITH BURNING TORCHES AND BURY HIM .

THINK ABOUT THIS = WE HAVE CREATED A ATMOSPHERE IN WHICH LOSING A BOXING MATCH MEANS THE END OF THE WORLD AND YOUR CAREER . MAYBE THATS A HUGE REASON WHY NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT EACH OTHER

I think were the ONLY SPORT that gives a fawk so much about undefeated fighters

any thoughts ?

mma fans dont realise it but they watch mma because they have deep hidden ****sexual tendencies and watching sweaty near naked guys cuddle fulfills this need.

Thats why they dont care about the result becasue they are getting the fix of ****erotic action.

That being said you do have a point.

Boxing fans seem to talk like the results of fights are set in stone. Not realising that at the top any one can beat anyone on a given night and losing a fight or 2 doesn't mean your no good.

The problem is the big 2 make so much more money than the rest that everyone from 135-160 is too afraid to fight the other good guys for fear of losing and not get a shot at floyd or pac.

Guys would rather wait around and hope they get the call up than earn the fight by beating the contenders.

Comment

I call it the Floyd Mayweather Effect. Protect that 0

Comment

I watch more MMA than boxing and have mostly trained in jiujitsu but I won't go on an MMA forum because they are the douchiest fans ever. Even the most hardcore geeks here are not as bad as the average MMA forum guys.
        With that said, forum people in general should not be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
          The immaturity on this forum is absurd .

Sometimes i dont know if some of you guys are actually serious or purposely acting brainless .

Fact = majority of boxing fans dont appreciate NOTHING .
          You see guys most mma fans have created a culture

IN WHICH LOSING AINT THAT BAD .
          These guys dont care about wins and losses as much as good fights .

Too many times ive seen this forums absolutely shred a boxer that loses a match calling him " BUM , TRASH , JANITOR , HE WAS NEVER GOOD , OVERATED , he doesnt belong on ppv no more ETC......

You guys have no respect for fighters when they lose . Its like you have to be a perfect record god for guys to applaud you ..............

I like how in MMA YOU CAN HAVE A GUY WITH 12 LOSSES AND WHO JUST LOST BY KO IN HIS LAST MATCH .. STILL HAVE STRONG FAN SUPPORT .

iF SITUATION WAS SWITCHED BOXING FANS WOULD be yelling he needs to retire fawkin bum .

Guys like silva , coleman , rampage have all been viciously knocked out and suffered consecutive losses ,...... and still went on to become stars in the ufc FAN RESPECT AND SUPPORT .

Guys like Paul williams suffer a ko loss AND FANS PRACTICALLY SURROUND HIM WITH BURNING TORCHES AND BURY HIM .

THINK ABOUT THIS = WE HAVE CREATED A ATMOSPHERE IN WHICH LOSING A BOXING MATCH MEANS THE END OF THE WORLD AND YOUR CAREER . MAYBE THATS A HUGE REASON WHY NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT EACH OTHER

I think were the ONLY SPORT that gives a fawk so much about undefeated fighters

any thoughts ?
          Boxing fans didnt do that, the sport did it to itself...In boxing, when u lose ur stock goes down, u make less money, HBO Will stop putting you on TV...Losing is career changing in boxing..and in the mma, Dana put Kimbo in a fight that was IMPOSSIBLE for him to win, and once he lost he kicked him out of the UFC

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
            I watch more MMA than boxing and have mostly trained in jiujitsu but I won't go on an MMA forum because they are the douchiest fans ever. Even the most hardcore geeks here are not as bad as the average MMA forum guys.
            With that said, forum people in general should not be taken seriously.
            Really? I see some pathetic comments here as well at least on Sherdog people don't get away with it as much a lot of people here would get banned there

Comment

Granted I agree there are plenty of immature boxing fans, and I do agree that you seem to have to have a perfect record to be great in boxing. However, there are some glaring differences with MMA & boxing fans, well and obviously with the culture of the sports as well. First of all, MMA is flourishing in a culture of "immediate satisfaction", which is reinforced by the fact that its major demographic are teenagers/men under 25. These are people who just like to see blood, wild swinging punches and quick knockouts. MMA is really nothing more than collegiate wrestling mixed with jiu-jitsu and toughman type boxing mentalities. The reason people have more losses and it is more accepted in MMA is for several reasons....1-there are many more ways to lose in MMA, being choked out, stopped by punches, stopped by knees, stopped by kicks, armbars, leglocks, etc...and 2-MMA combatants cannot take a punch worth of ****. People always want to say "oh it is because the gloves are smaller"...bull****. 90% of the fighters in MMA are wrestlers, karate & ji-jitsu practitioners, etc. Most of them have absolutely no punch resistance whatsoever...which obviously leads to shorter fights and more losses. Almost every MMA fight I've seen, the first flush shot that lands, the guy is either on the canvas or KOed. Its pretty ridiculous. Now with boxing, there are higher expectations, and fights are fought at a higher skill level, so sure the impact of a loss is greater. Boxers fight longer fights, more brutal fights and fight less times a year...so numerically losses mean more as well. In MMA, you can have a guy walk off the street with no MMA training or experience at all and win matches....ex football players, ex pro wrestlers, etc. Perfect records in boxing do not always mean as much...it is all relative. For instance, Floyd is the best P4P boxer in the world so his 0 means something, sure I would say yes. JCC Jr, has an 0 too..which means nothing because he isn't that good and fought like 42 people before he even fought a top 25 contender. Floyd has fought a lot of great fighters so that is why he gets more attention to his 0. Is being undefeated the end-all be-all of greatness? No it is not...but people are always fascinated with 0's. It is human nature. But back to the subject of the discussion, I do not think any fans of boxing can learn much from MMA fans to be honest. Also lastly, there is a lot more pressure on boxers than MMA guys..think about it. Boxers have huge ethnic followings and have countries on their backs...some have olympic pedigrees...many fights have millions of $$ on the line....etc. MMA is just a different type of sport, that has a different culture that cannot really be looked at in the same viewpoint as boxing.

Comment

TS you have good points

Comment

I do have a question pertaining to this particular subject. As boxing fans we tend to think like coaches in a fight. We study everything from the punching power, technique, speed, style, stamina,footwork etc. We all as fans have theories on what will work in a fight and even have mapped out theories on possible gameplans for fight night. My question is do mma fans think like this or are they just general theories of ground game vs stand up or wrestling vs brazilian jiu jitsu etc?

Comment

MMA fans are just as bad if not worse. So STFU and get lost.

MostMMA fans are big cry babies like you. We simply dont care. We dont need to bring up MMA like you.

Comment

Working...
                    X