Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sakuraba is going to fight in the next Pride!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakuraba is going to fight in the next Pride!

From www.pridefc.com :

Kazushi Sakuraba appeared on a Fuji Television sports show, "Sport", late Friday night and announced that he will fight in the November 24th PRIDE 23 at Tokyo Dome.

At the same time as Sakuraba's appearance, DSE released an official statement, verifying Sakuraba's participation. Sakuraba, on Sport, said that since this is Takada's retirement fight, "I'd don't want to be just his second. I want to fight at the same venue and feel the same sense of nervousness that he will. After we win, we'll go out and drink the best tasting beer in the world."

When asked about his own return match, Sakuraba commented, "I've been waiting a year for this. I just want to let everything that's built up this year to explode." It looks like Sakuraba will not only accompany his teacher from his U-Inter days, Takada, to the ring but will also stand in the ring at PRIDE 23 himself!

Thanks for the news bro.

Comment

If Sak's ready, a possible opponent could Rodrigo Gracie.

Comment

No problem.
        I hope Sakuraba takes a warm up match this time. He needs a couple of warm up matches to recover from his recent losses.
        Pride 23 is becoming one hell of a card!

Comment

I love to watch Sak fight and all, but I think he should take a little more time off......

Comment

Rodrigo seems to be no warm up ...

He is the only one that submited Matsui, of course Saku is a much better fighter then Matsui, however Saku could be not fully recovered.

Comment

Working...
            X