No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7 News Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 7 News Thread

The thread had to be done. Who better to do it than me. Cause Ether doesn't care anymore, he's been hurt by RE6. But I still love you Resident Evil.

Resident Evil 7 development underway since 2012, claims costume designer

On her LinkedIn page, Karen Brakenridge states she worked as "Costume Designer for the video game Resident Evil 7" for a period of three months from November 2012 until January 2013.

Resident Evil 6, the last entry in the mainline series, was released in October 2012, suggesting that - if the information is correct - Capcom began production on a sequel almost immediately after its release, if not earlier. We've been in touch with Capcom to request a comment on this report.

Since Resident Evil 6, Capcom has released Resident Evil Revelations HD, a visually upgraded version of its earlier 3DS title. However, it is yet to officially announce a full sequel.

Michael Pattison, who has now joined PlayStation following three years serving as SVP of marketing for Capcom in the US and Europe, recently said that the next Resident Evil game may return to the series' survival horror roots after Resi 6 failed to meet critical and commercial expectations.

"With Resident Evil 6 we probably put too much content in there, there were comments from consumers that said it felt bloated," he said. "The Leon missions went down very well, and because we did Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, there was a cry out for us to focus our attention on survival horror, rather than be too many things to all people. You'll find where we go next will likely be more targeted at our core fanbase."

When approached for a comment, a Capcom representative said the company "hasn't made any official announcements about Resident Evil 7, so we don't have a comment to make on this."
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...tume-designer/

Hopefully, real survival horror comes back.

I'm eager to see how roided up Chris Redfield in his 40s will look now. Dude is ageless. He was 40 years old in RE6 but easily passed for early 30s.

The 4 different campaign thing could work again if they just make everything survival horror. Not one survival horror, one action, one thriller/suspense. Co-op should be eliminated, I want that feeling that i'm alone. Though I doubt they get rid of that, with the PS4's co-op features, Capcom will probably want to utilize it but hopefully they do it the right away.

I think with all the bashing Capcom, they'llmake the right game this time.Unless they're a glutton for punishment and want to get sh-tted on more.

Comment

I would not mind giving Chris Redfield a day off though. He was in consecutive titles in RE5 and RE6, and a total of three titles in the series with RE1. He is my favorite character, but i'd be okay with another Leon Kennedy-exclusive-game like RE4, but this time co-op'ing with Claire Redfield. And then give RE8 to Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, and RE9 to Jake Wesker and Sherry Birkin.

Comment

i liked re6 a lot, to me its the best with the exception of the 5th. i hope they dont dumb down the action like in revelations.
        This news are a huge relief i was worried capcom would pull a dmc on the franchise or something and make re7 on a parallel universe with some emo kids as protagonists

Comment

I played DMC a little bit, it was okay. I've never been a fan of the series. Those hack and slash games get too repetitive. Run, slash combo, jump around, boss, rinse and repeat. I need different guns and explosives. I have to admit, I will probably get into DMC a little more as class comes to a close, i'll need something to do in January and the PS4 just won't cut it for me right now with its lame titles.

Comment

What a heart breaker Resident Evil 6 was. Utter shite.

Comment

I hope Capcom does not rush RE7. Come out with it 5 years from now for all I care but just make it good and scary like back in the RE1-RE4 days. I trust them this time, i'm sure they'll come up with some thing better than RE6. RE6 was not a bad "video game" it was just a bad Resident Evil game. If it was titled something else, with different characters, and a different story other than the whole "Virus outbreak" stuff, the game would have been praised. It's just that as an RE title, one of the longest lasting titles in gaming history, there's a high standard that they just didn't meet with RE6.

I mean speak of the devil, pun intended, Devil May Cry, the first DMC for PS2 was actually how Resident Evil 4 was going to be, but the developers made a U Turn and did something different with RE4, but kept the other original RE4 story and just turned it in a different series, Devil May Cry, which has done very well. They could have done this with RE6, just cross it out as an RE title and make it a brand new series.

Comment

Not really related, but you were right about RE : Revelations, Kev.

That game is pretty dope. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo and I didn't think I would. It had a nice old school RE feel to it that was a much needed break from the action movie bull**** the series has been as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                  What a heart breaker Resident Evil 6 was. Utter shite.
                  I'm forever grateful to the releasing of the demo for that one. It saved me the $60 I otherwise would've dropped on that suckfest and I know dozens of other people who've said the same.

You know a game is **** when it's getting multiple price drops within a few months of it's release : I saw it discounted no less than 3 times within the first 2 months at my local gaming shops. Even gamestop cut the ****er down to like 40 bucks within a month or two of it's release.

It's like 15 bucks the last time I went to gamestop and even for that price I was still like "not worth it", so I bought 'Deus Ex : Human Revolution' instead.
                  Last edited by ßringer; 10-15-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Oh, and co-op in survival horror games is like the dumbest ****ing idea ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X