Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else watching the pre-lims/undercard to UFC 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, at this point, Fedor still has the better resume and Silva could surpass him with wins over Jones and Weidman?
    Last edited by Anthony342; 12-09-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
      Not Anderson's fault his division doesn't have elite fighters, that and the fact that he makes them look like amateurs.

I think if he does fight jones he would win. Now if you wanna talk about Fedor, he's fought a few cans as well.

He bought Bonnar on short notice to save the card, I don't really count that fight anyways. Why should fighters move up out of their weight and fight? If they fight in a certain division well thats what it is. I'd rather see Silva vs Jones rather than Silva vs GSP.

As I've stated before, GSP is my fav fighter and all but he would get wrecked by Silva. Let's hope JOnes and him fight.
      I agree with you totally, including the point about Fedor fighting a few cans.

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      So, at this point, Fedor still has the better resume and Silva could surpass him with wins Jones and Weidman?
      More so Jones, than Weidman. Even if he beat Jones I would consider him the G.O.A.T P4P. Jones already is arguably the best LHW ever and a win over him is HUGE.

Comment

Okay, just wanted to make sure that's what you were saying. Sounds like a fair assessment. And yeah, Fedor fought some cans, but a lot of opponents that were greats, pretty good still when he fought them and guys that contended for the heavyweight title, like Herring, Schilt, Big Nog, Coleman, Randleman, Kohsaka, Crocop. Sylvia and Arlovski were HW champions.

Silva's beaten pretty much every middleweight contender for the last 6 years in the UFC and won 3 light heavyweight fights.

I'd love to see Silva-Jones. Do you think this will happen though? Would Dana White and the matchmaker, what's his name, Silva, ever try to make it happen?

Comment

I'd love to see Silva-Jones. Do you think this will happen though? Would Dana White and the matchmaker, what's his name, Silva, ever try to make it happen?
          Honestly? It's one of those fights that does not NEED to happen and in a way it would not benefit the UFC especially if Jones loses because Silva would most likely retire after that and their cashcow Jones marketability would go down quite a bit. On the other side, the UFC would probably sell a million PPVs at least, make some big money for that AND the UFC would expand due to it gaining more exposure due to the SUPERFIGHT.

I think it CAN happen if Dana really wanted it to happen because of the amount of money all parties could make out of it. In my opinion, Silva needs it more than Jones does because Jones has the Sonnen fight, Henderson, Gustaffson, Davis, Machida/Shogun rematches on the cards before an eventual move up to Heavyweight, so he has options. Silva does not really have the opponents in his weight class that Jones does. What real match up is exciting, will sell big PPVs and competitive at 185 with Silva? No one at the moment, Weidman is a promising fighter but we need to see more.

Joe Silva would not really play a huge part in this compared to Dana White, they would weigh the positives and negatives and it obviously will make money so therefore in that regard it does make sense. Anderson wants to solidify his legacy so it also makes sense.

Dana really wants that GSP v Silva fight though, and it's clearly evident that GSP does not want the fight but has indicated that he'll take the fight at 170 since he and his trainer have stated that Silva once made 168. Maybe they are using it as a bargaining chip just to make Silva come as far down as possible.

I am interested in either fight to be honest but it's clear to me why Silva wants the GSP fight and isn't too eager on the Jones fight. Dude said he and Jones were friends lol they met each other a handful of times most likely and exchanged a few words at most and that's it. Hes making it seem like they grew up together or something lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            Honestly? It's one of those fights that does not NEED to happen and in a way it would not benefit the UFC especially if Jones loses because Silva would most likely retire after that and their cashcow Jones marketability would go down quite a bit. On the other side, the UFC would probably sell a million PPVs at least, make some big money for that AND the UFC would expand due to it gaining more exposure due to the SUPERFIGHT.

I think it CAN happen if Dana really wanted it to happen because of the amount of money all parties could make out of it. In my opinion, Silva needs it more than Jones does because Jones has the Sonnen fight, Henderson, Gustaffson, Davis, Machida/Shogun rematches on the cards before an eventual move up to Heavyweight, so he has options. Silva does not really have the opponents in his weight class that Jones does. What real match up is exciting, will sell big PPVs and competitive at 185 with Silva? No one at the moment, Weidman is a promising fighter but we need to see more.

Joe Silva would not really play a huge part in this compared to Dana White, they would weigh the positives and negatives and it obviously will make money so therefore in that regard it does make sense. Anderson wants to solidify his legacy so it also makes sense.

Dana really wants that GSP v Silva fight though, and it's clearly evident that GSP does not want the fight but has indicated that he'll take the fight at 170 since he and his trainer have stated that Silva once made 168. Maybe they are using it as a bargaining chip just to make Silva come as far down as possible.

I am interested in either fight to be honest but it's clear to me why Silva wants the GSP fight and isn't too eager on the Jones fight. Dude said he and Jones were friends lol they met each other a handful of times most likely and exchanged a few words at most and that's it. Hes making it seem like they grew up together or something lol.
            I def hear you with the cash cow, but lets say Silva loses to Jones which I think he won't. Then Silva retires because he's old and the new p4p guy Jones era really begins.

There will always be a superstar in the UFC, they might not be as deadly as Silva but hey who is?

UFC is still growing, well MMA for that matter. Who knows maybe one day someone will come and be greater than Silva,Jones, and GSP

Comment

What about greater than Fedor?

Comment

What about greater than Fedor?
                Someone eventually will. Just like how there was SRL, PAC, Floyd, Roy jones and the list goes on.

I"m not even a fan of Fedor to to real, dude looks like a fat regular guy who can smash folks. IF I was a MMA fighter i'd be ripped as ever. I know it's weird but thats just me.

Fedor in his prime was unstoppable, I don't know why he didn't come over to the UFC when he was still on his winning streak. I guess him and Dana couldn't come to an agreement eh? But from the track record of Pride guys moving into the UFC, it's a toss up of him getting his ass whooped or cleaning out the division, hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
                  Someone eventually will. Just like how there was SRL, PAC, Floyd, Roy jones and the list goes on.

I"m not even a fan of Fedor to to real, dude looks like a fat regular guy who can smash folks. IF I was a MMA fighter i'd be ripped as ever. I know it's weird but thats just me.

Fedor in his prime was unstoppable, I don't know why he didn't come over to the UFC when he was still on his winning streak. I guess him and Dana couldn't come to an agreement eh? But from the track record of Pride guys moving into the UFC, it's a toss up of him getting his ass whooped or cleaning out the division, hard to say.
                  He didn't come over because of the co-promoting issue. Look at the deal between Strikeforce and M1-Global. M1 wanted a similar deal with the UFC and the UFC did not want to co-promote.

Comment

I watched it, but it sucked...

Comment

Working...
                    X