No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Peterson-Matthysse, Alexander-Purdy Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Peterson-Matthysse, Alexander-Purdy Presser

NEW YORK - All five of the fighters in attendance at Wednesday's press conference at Lucille's Bar & Grill (located inside B.B. King's Blues Club) in New York City were confident and ready for fight night as they discussed their upcoming bouts taking place this Saturday, May 18 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J live on SHOWTIME® (9:00 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).

In the main event IBF Junior Welterweight Champion Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16 KO's), of Washington, D.C., faces power-punching WBC Interim Super Lightweight Champion Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31 KO's), of Trelew, Argentina, in a 12-round bout at a catch-weight of 141 pounds. In the co-featured attraction on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, Devon Alexander (24-1, 13 KO's), of St. Louis, will defend his IBF Welterweight Championship against number four rated IBF welterweight contender Lee Purdy (20-3-1, 13 KO's), of Colchester, England. [Click Here To Read More]

Good to see Anthony Peterson finally getting back in there. Dude has been out since 2011

Comment

I'm guessing Lucas is in Argentina?

Comment

"Fans are paying their hard-earned money for entertainment and they don't want to see fighters holding for 12 rounds."

I hope Purdy pulls off the big upset.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          "Fans are paying their hard-earned money for entertainment and they don't want to see fighters holding for 12 rounds."

I hope Purdy pulls off the big upset.
          I doubt it, but wouldn't we all.
          GBP got too much riding on Alexander for him to lose now

Comment

All dressed like fighters on an ESPN card. Showtime needs to make them dress in suits.

Comment

come Alexander bring the excitement back like vs Urango

great night of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                I'm guessing Lucas is in Argentina?
                When you hunt alligators with your bare hands some tend to be tougher than others so I assume some flights would be missed.

Comment

I hope Lucas is not sick and couldnt show up for the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaliscoguey13 View Post
                    I hope Lucas is not sick and couldnt show up for the pictures.
                    I hope he doesn't suffer any jet lag for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X