Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of when Gatti fought Gamache. He gained 20lbs after weighing in at 141

I read on another site that Matthysse's before fight weight as taken when he was fully clothed. So you can knock 4-5lbs off.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      I'd like to see how much he weighs in his next fight because 163.5 is just ridiculous (25 pounds) the guy previously weighed in at 151 (Judah) and 150 (Olosegun) where did all that extra weight come from?
      I find it very weird. I'm not condemning anyone on either side but it just doesn't feel right to me.

Originally posted by commodus View Post
      ..........Not sure if you're agreeing with me or making fun of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        I personally think Showtime either made a typo or didnt know how to use a scale.

For a fighter to go up 25 pounds in 1 night, which was 18.1% of Lucas' weight is unlikely, almost impossible i would think without terrible consequences. If that is really true, i would think it was caused by "unnatural" means. I have I have never heard of a boxer gaining 25 pounds over night, especially a fighter who has never had trouble with weight, and then looking the same as always
        Clottey supposedly weighed in 170 once unofficially. I'm sure heavy gear was involved

Comment

GTFOH........just admit it's okay for Lucas to re hydrate 20 plus pounds because you like him and it's not okay for Jr to do it cuz you don't like him
          If true (it hasn't been proven yet whether or not Matthysse was wearing clothing during the weigh in or not) it's still only Matthysse's first offense.

Chavez makes a career out of it.

(Not that I find anything wrong with it to begin with. But you seem to in regards to Matthysse.)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            If true (it hasn't been proven yet whether or not Matthysse was wearing clothing during the weigh in or not) it's still only Matthysse's first offense.

Chavez makes a career out of it.

(Not that I find anything wrong with it to begin with. But you seem to in regards to Matthysse.)
            i don't have a problem with it........i'm just pointing out people's double standards

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Clottey supposedly weighed in 170 once unofficially. I'm sure heavy gear was involved
              I've heard this rumor many times before yet dont know which fight thats from?

That and JCC jr gaining 21 pounds against rubio are the only times i've heard of fighters gaining 20+ pounds, never 25, and you can see it on them, just look at the size of Clottey and JCC jr. Lucas looked the same as always

Comment

Chavez Jr. v. Rubio: 159.5 to 181 (21.5 pounds)

Matthysse v. Dallas Jr: 138.5 to 163.5 (25 pounds)
                Last edited by BafanaBafana; 01-27-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

i don't have a problem with it........i'm just pointing out people's double standards
                  Who's double standards?

In particular?

Comment

You guy's actually believe that a 5'6 Matthysse gained 25 pounds overnight he would have been a fat ass in the ring.

Lucas stepped in the ring weighing 151 pounds against Ajose.. His frame looked exactly the same tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Who's double standards?

In particular?
                      kaibe360's or whatever his name is

Comment

Working...
                      X