Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Over at floyd hype.
    DK: The middleweight division is loaded with talent. Sergio Martinez is known as the top guy, but his 2013 seems dead set on having a rematch with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. after Sergio fights in April. One name out there is Gennady Golovkin, who just had a big win over Gabriel Rosado. What are your thoughts about fighting Golovkin?

PQ: You know, listen man, does the fight make a lot of sense? He's a serious fighter, a champion, but what is it worth to me? What am I gonna get out of that? I got a team of people gonna advise me that he's not really known in the U.S. What does that mean? They say this guy won't generate money. I don't know what that means. I didn't get into boxing to avoid guys. I'm not afraid of no man except God. He's just a regular guy, another human being. I only fear God; no other man. If I got people advising me that fight isn't worth a lot of money, you know what I do? I challenge myself each camp, and I don't let people fill my head with bull****. My reality is where my feelings are. If I'm strong and ready, I'm strong and ready. Look at Sergio Martinez. When I called him out, I didn't think I would get the fight, but I just put my mindset where he is because that's where I want to be. That shows I'm shooting for the stars. Daniel Geale is the guy that nobody gave any credit, and he beat Sturm in his backyard. People don't give him credit. Do I knock him for that? No, I don't. Why the **** would I aim for a regular champion like Golovkin when Geale is the WBA Super Champion. And he's also the IBF champion. Am I supposed to think like a fighter or a business. I should be shooting for the guy with 2 belts. It's crazy because Geale hasn't been on a national network. I've had the pleasure to fight on HBO and Showtime. So I would put Martinez first, then Geale, then Golovkin because he's just the regular champion. The reason why is if we give him the opportunity to build himself up and have a few more fights and get more exposure, I believe it would be a super fight between me and Golovkin. My name is already built. I'm willing to give interviews to anybody: ESPN, FightHype, Boxingscene. It doesn't matter. I've got my name built up.
    In a world that makes sense, Quillin fights Golovkin at the end of the year, and Martinez gets the winner after the Chavez rematch.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Over at floyd hype.

In a world that makes sense, Quillin fights Golovkin at the end of the year, and Martinez gets the winner after the Chavez rematch.
    everything sounds on point except Why would the winner of GGG vs Peter be fighter the Loser of the Rematch?

Comment

word doing the rounds is that Golovkin and Geale will meet in the summer. so if Geale's the man and Golovkin takes his stuff off him, i guess Quillin will have no more objections to fighting GGG.

Comment

Man Kid Chocolate is bugging. To think that he is scared of GGG is ridiculous though, this is a guy who was getting it on in the streets well before he got it on in the ring. Hopefully the fight does happen one day.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Man Kid Chocolate is bugging. To think that he is scared of GGG is ridiculous though, this is a guy who was getting it on in the streets well before he got it on in the ring. Hopefully the fight does happen one day.
          Maybe not scared to get hurt, but scared at the possibility of losing.
          This is awesome. First he refuses a title shot and now Golovkin is a nobody.
          Out of curiosity, how many showtime events/HBO has he headlined as the main event?
          I seriously have no idea.

Comment

at first he's talking about money. Then he starts talking about Daniel Geal and his WBA title. Well, someone needs to inform Peter that Geale was stripped of that title and it now belongs to Golovkin. Golovkin is the sole WBA Middleweight champion.

I just single handedly destroyed Quillin's entire argument & logic.

Using his own words and logic, Golovkin should be the first person on his list to fight besides Martinez. Period.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 01-25-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              word doing the rounds is that Golovkin and Geale will meet in the summer. so if Geale's the man and Golovkin takes his stuff off him, i guess Quillin will have no more objections to fighting GGG.
              I don't know about that, Sturm is fighting Soliman (Feb. 2nd) in order to become Geale's mandatory. I think they'll probably fight each other next.

Golovkin might fight Pirog in June. I've also heard that Pirog was making a comeback in March, possibly on HBO, so maybe that's the fight they're building up.

Perhaps the winners can face each other by the end of the year and we could have a small tourney in our hands...

Comment

quillin aint got time for that! he's fighting guerrero then rubio... he's got a whole 3 course meal of bums already prepared.

Comment

Quillin asks "what is it worth to me"? The answer is a lot.

For one, a win would put Quillin as the top contender in the MW division for a shot at Martinez.

Two, Golovkin is an HBO fighter. A win for Quillin could get himself that lucrative HBO deal that any pro fighter would want. And he would increase his fanbase too.

Last, Golovkin made $350K in his last fight as a co-feature, Quillin hasn't come close to making $350K in any of his fights. He would get the biggest payday of his career and the biggest opportunity of his career.

So I just don't get the bull**** he's spittin in that interview. Beating GGG would do wonders for his career. ****in fight the best to get to the top. Quit cherry picking and waiting by the phone for a payday.
                  Last edited by -PBP-; 01-25-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Not really known in the US? He Just pulled in 810,000+ viewers on HBO as the co-main event

Comment

Working...
                    X