No announcement yet.

Scott Harrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Harrison

Just seen on the Scottish news that Scott Harrison is planning on fighting again.

He thinks he'll have two warm up fights and aim for a world title shot!

Even if he's got a license with his lifestyle over the last few years, and time spent in a Spanish jail, I don't think he'll get anywhere near a title fight.

Despite being Scottish I only caught a couple of his later fights.

Does anyone have any memories of him? Thoughts on him coming back?

he had a comeback fight which was scheduled a few months ago but it got called of as he got arrested again and Maloney dropped him from his stable. He must have found someone else to promote him. Who is he fighting?

My 2 main memories of him are him beating seven shades of **** out of one of my fave boxers Wayne McCullough and me getting tickets to see him fight in Belfast only for him to get locked up in Spain/go into rehab (cant remember exactly) and have his fight cancelled, to be replaced by Danny Williams stepping in a few days notice for a random HW fight. Oh well, at least Khan was on the undercard and i got to see a guy I'd never heard of at the time called Martin Rogan have one if his first fights.

He was a damn good fighter in his day, but after 6+ years out of the ring i cant see him being able to even get to British level let alone become a world champ again. I reckon he'll go of the rails again once he loses a fight.

Comment

I think he was arrested for shop lifting at his local supermarket which lead to that fight being cancelled.

I never caught who he was fighting, I don't think he has one, just that he wants a couple before a title fight.

He looked fresh on the TV which is more than I can say for him any other time I've seen him in past years.

For any American's out there, what are your thoughts on world titles that people like Harrison, Alex Arthur and Ricky Burns have won?

Whilst they can become relatively big news in Scotland I always wondered if they are given good credence elsewhere in world boxing.

Comment

Last I heard he got arrested again this time for shoplifting.
        The guy is done, he is a complete waste of space that shouldn't even be allowed in a boxing ring, he is scum.

Shame as he was a damn good fighter in his day he is just a mess whose been given chance after chance.

Alcoholic, woman beater, bully, drug addict, thief, liar - He is a scumbag that ought to grow the fcuk up.

Comment

Scott harrison is fighting on the 29th of june at the kelvin hall, hes figthing Brahim Bariz, then theirs talk of him getting a shot at the british title.

Hes being promoted by alex morrison, from what ive heard scott is looking really good in training alot of guys hes sparred have said hes looking sharp, be good to see what he has left

Comment

dudes a convict

Comment

i will be covering this fight and for teh 1st time the whole bill for my scoring blog http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

the undercard looks quite decent aswell with local scottish prospects along with the anticipated rematch between simpson and appleby..1st fight was a cracker.

Harrisons opponent seems durable..17-17-1 record but has only been stopped once. Harrison will need the rounds though as he has been out for nearly 7 years

Comment

Originally posted by fightscore View Post
                i will be covering this fight and for teh 1st time the whole bill for my scoring blog http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com

the undercard looks quite decent aswell with local scottish prospects along with the anticipated rematch between simpson and appleby..1st fight was a cracker.

Harrisons opponent seems durable..17-17-1 record but has only been stopped once. Harrison will need the rounds though as he has been out for nearly 7 years
                Yeh looking forward to tonights fights. Simpson is never in a dull fight and like you say the 1st Appleby fight was a cracker. Going with Simpson in this one though.

I can't wait to see Harrison and if he has anything left. From the pics I've seen he certainly looks in great shape.

Comment

Working...
                X