No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Mares vs Ponce De Leon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BScene Staff Predictions: Mares vs Ponce De Leon

All stateside eyes are on Las Vegas this weekend, when Floyd Mayweather Jr. returns to the ring in a welterweight fight against Robert Guerrero. In chief supporting action at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, two-division champ Abner Mares moves up to featherweight in pursuit of a third title when he faces fellow-two division titlist and managerial stablemate Daniel Ponce de Leon.

Many are predicting the bout to be the fight of the night, which would be quite a statement for the winner (and possibly even the loser) considering the pending audience for tonight’s pay-per-view event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've seen Mares get ROCKED by Darchinyan, Agbeko, and Moreno. There ain't no way he walks through Ponces shots. Ponce hits twice as hard as those guys. Mares only chance to win is to box safely, which he hasn't done in years.

Comment

PDL has the size and power advantage I'm picking to win by decision or TKO

Comment

Mares has never even fought a real super bantamweight before, he's in for a rude awakening tonight when he gets hit by one of the hardest punchers at featherweight. He should have fought a real 122 or 126 lb. fighter before facing Ponce.

Comment

I agree with the above.

I fear for Mares. I like him, but like Rigo he should know his limits. He doesn't seem to have the boxing to outpoint Ponce de Leon. And he has been rocked by smaller weights.

Ponce de Leon has been in the ring with Gamboa, Broner, and Juanma. What could Mares do?

I fear it will be ugly.

Comment

My boy the tarahumara destroyer is so underrated...his new style has showed him develop great timing and craftiness.....i dont think it will be a good fight, but i hope he wins....mares will not be able to take away this guys left hand...

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
              I agree with the above.

I fear for Mares. I like him, but like Rigo he should know his limits. He doesn't seem to have the boxing to outpoint Ponce de Leon. And he has been rocked by smaller weights.

Ponce de Leon has been in the ring with Gamboa, Broner, and Juanma. What could Mares do?

I fear it will be ugly.
              Not getting the bolded part - please explain......

Anyway, Mares won't get away with the dirty fighting in this one. If he uses his skill set, which is superior to PDL, then he might pull off the victory. Of he gets dirty, he's done......

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                Not getting the bolded part - please explain......

Anyway, Mares won't get away with the dirty fighting in this one. If he uses his skill set, which is superior to PDL, then he might pull off the victory. Of he gets dirty, he's done......
                Bad writing from my part.

I meant to say this: "Like Rigo, Mares should now his limits"

I've heard Rigo talk about his reluctance to move up because he is already small and short at 122. He doesn't balloon like the other guys and walks around that weight. So in a video he mentioned that he feels the physical advantages may outweigh the skill.

Mares on the other hand, I fear has made a mistake. I don't see him competing at a weight where Gamboa campaigned not too long ago. Just too small.

But we'll see

anyway, i'm off to see the fight.

Comment

Ernie Gabion has it right IMO, I feel Mares has bitten off more than he can chew this time.

I genuinely can't believe Ponce is nearly a 3/1 underdog. Too good to pass up.

Comment

PDL has 2 things going for him-his southpaw stance and his aggresiveness, but he's far less accurate than Mares...I actually don't think the weights gonna be that much of an issue as PDL started out at superbantam as well...This is truly a pick em' fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X