No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan on April Return, Garcia Rematch, Mayweather, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan on April Return, Garcia Rematch, Mayweather, More

Amir Khan is targeting April for his return to the ring and hopes a rematch with Danny Garcia can be made for later in 2013.

After back-to-back losses against Lamont Peterson in December 2011 and then Garcia in July, Khan concluded 2012 on a more positive note last weekend with a 10th-round stoppage win over Carlos Molina at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.

And looking to the year ahead, the Bolton fighter is planning for his next bout to be in around four months' time, with another showdown with Garcia - who added Khan's WBA light-welterweight title to his WBC belt when he beat him - to come after that.

"The next fight is going to be around April time," confirmed Khan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Aaand let the hating begin...

Comment

Does he mean he's fighting Khabib Allakhverdiev? Because Peterson's busy, Marquez has bigger fish to fry (unless he's stripped) and Garcia holds all the other titles.

Beating Allakhverdiev is only a "unification" of two parts of the WBA title.

Edit: I forgot Matthyse. Doesn't matter as I can't see Khan going anywhere near him.

Comment

Whats Garcia got to say

Kinda weird how Khan is just mapping out him and Garcia's schedule for next year. Like he's just calling the shots on what Garcia wants to do.

Has anyone heard Garcia say that they wanted to fight Khan in late 2013? (don't know if he has)

I don't see why he would. He beats Zab in Feb he'll have plenty of other fights on the table.

Comment

in b4 the hating begins........................

""AMBITIONS TO FIGHT"

Comment

Khan-Garcia won't be a world title fight seeing as tho Zab will outbox Garcia but I still hope Khan asks for it instead of rematching Judah which would be a bulls*** fight.

Comment

Khan won't get to Floyd before he retires now. It's a shame, because I haven't seen Floyd fight someone with Khan's skill set.

Comment

Khan is a guy who had never backed away from a fight before the Garcia KO. He probably would have tooken a Matthysse type of fight before the KO, but after he seems to just be focused on avenging those losses first (which i don't mind too much). Matthysse is the guy thats getting lost in the shuffle at Golden Boy like Lara. Khan would have to fight Peterson again if he wants the IBF strap. Khan could leapfrog allakverdiev since he is only the regular WBA champ and Garcia is the WBA's super champion and WBC champ. So here's your schedule Khan: Peterson grudge rematch for the IBF strap in april, Garcia unification for the WBA super title, IBF, and possibly WBC (unless Garcia is stripped for not fighting Matthysse) and then a slight chance at having a crack at the WBO champion after (it will likely be a top rank contracted fighter like alvarado or rios). As you can see it is a real long shot that Khan can actually unify the division completely but he could atleast win a belt and fight Garcia again. That way he avenges both losses and can move on to the very loaded golden boy throwdown at 47

Comment

Khan might just beat Floyd Snr if he takes the fight now, all about fighting Floyd Snr now!!!

Comment

I wish Amir the Best, but in all honesty, He shouldnt even have Floyds name in his mouth period. That fight will NEVER happen being 1 Floyd has 3 fights MAX left before he retires and 2 Khan is damaged goods. Floyd isnt going to fight a 140 guy known for handspeed and a glass Jaw. If that was the case he would have already fought Malinaggi. Khans whole problem is he thinks he's better than he is. You would have thought Danny served him his humble juice. Apparantly not.

Comment

Working...
                    X