No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez: Chavez More Viable Than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Martinez: Chavez More Viable Than Mayweather

Sampson Lewkowicz, advisor to WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) admits a rematch with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) is much more of a viable fight than a potential meeting with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Martinez won a twelve round unanimous decision over Chavez Jr. on September 15th. Following the match, Chavez tested positive for marijuana and now faces a suspension of six to twelve months. The date of the rematch will depend on the length of Chavez's suspension. It could take place in May or it could drop down to another September date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Chavez doesn't deserve a rematch.

Comment

Wtf how is a Chavez fight more viable than Mayweather? Martinez doesn't even wanna fight Chavez again...

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
        Wtf how is a Chavez fight more viable than Mayweather? Martinez doesn't even wanna fight Chavez again...
        Realistic. Floyd's a fantasy fight.

Comment

He won't get any Canelo, Cotto o Floyd fight, i believe next year he will rematch Macklin in Argentina (or fight someone that level there) and then fight Chavez in Cowboy stadium.

Comment

WHY? are you serious? I explain it to you in one simple way, because Mayweather will never fight Martinez, I doubt he will ever come any close to Martinez......last time he was challenge he said Martinez sould fight Dierell.

Comment

Sulaiman said the WBC doesn't allow immediate rematches. We'll see if he just said that because Arum's check bounced or if he's serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                He won't get any Canelo, Cotto o Floyd fight, i believe next year he will rematch Macklin in Argentina (or fight someone that level there) and then fight Chavez in Cowboy stadium.
                This sounds best and most realistic. It'd be nice to see Martinez fight someone at home.

Comment

Cuz floyd wont fight him?

Comment

yeah i think sampson said these quotes himself, i doubt he was translating martinez's words in this one. there's an argentine middleweight who is considered the no. 1 contender in the wbc rankings. perhaps he and martinez face off in argentina before pursuing a bigger fight? (like cotto, alvarez, or mayweather). that or fight someone like martin murray for now, in argentina. he's a legit MW contender. i know that dibella and sampson said they're not looking at guys like geale or golovkin because they're titleholders and the wbc made that stupid rule about not letting their titleholders unify belts or else they'll be stripped, or something along those lines. the best fight would've been golovkin or geale. we'll see what happens, but if it isn't cotto or mayweather next, then martinez should fight a legit MW like a geale, golovkin, or murray.

Comment

Working...
                    X