No announcement yet.

Golden Gloves questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Gloves questions

The GG website lists like 30 GG franchises. Does this mean each franchise has a tournament every year? How does this work? Also, are there any age limits/restrictions on Golden Gloves(I know you have to be at least 16, but other than that)

Where can I find more information about Golden Gloves? Their website isn't too great.

Originally posted by David06 View Post
    The GG website lists like 30 GG franchises. Does this mean each franchise has a tournament every year? How does this work? Also, are there any age limits/restrictions on Golden Gloves(I know you have to be at least 16, but other than that)

Where can I find more information about Golden Gloves? Their website isn't too great.
    As far as I know every single state in the US has a Golden Gloves tournament.

Since its all overseen by USA boxing the rules are the same in every state, the youngest you can be is 17 and the oldest is 34.

Comment

Since its a tournament.. lets say your a guy with 1 fight

I kno they might match you up with someone with 1 fight for your first match, but if you win.... will u fight ppl with the same amount of fights as you? or will you just face who ever else advanced

how does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
        Since its a tournament.. lets say your a guy with 1 fight

I kno they might match you up with someone with 1 fight for your first match, but if you win.... will u fight ppl with the same amount of fights as you? or will you just face who ever else advanced

how does that work?
        Thre are different stages, where fighters with certain number of fights fight. You guys should PM SuperLightweight, a poster here. I am too lazy to explain.

Comment

To my understanding you need to have atleast 10 amateur fights to compete in Golden Gloves.. every fighter who fought on Friday in Washington had like the minimum of 10 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
            To my understanding you need to have atleast 10 amateur fights to compete in Golden Gloves.. every fighter who fought on Friday in Washington had like the minimum of 10 fights.
            Nah because I know some fighters from my gym have 0 fights, and they are competing

And some guys that have like 4 fights have did golden gloves before

Comment

novice i think is 0-10 fights. 10 or more fights puts you in the open division. i've had no luck finding a boxing gym close to me in Kansas city. i've only found cagefighters.

Comment

In NY Golden Gloves rules... if you have competed in 2 or more Golden Gloves bouts you are an open fighter. Which means, if you box in the Gloves in 2007 and lose by KO... then in 2008 (after you have not competed at all) you get ko'd again in the Gloves, (in all two bouts in two years) you have to enter the OPEN class in 2009 and box guys who may have had over 100 bouts and under. I fought OPEN in the Golden Gloves with only 3 bouts in my book due to boxing in two gloves tournaments and losing decisons both times. Once in 1988 and again in 1996.... and with my big 3 bouts at 147 OPEN, the guy who won the division that year was Luis Collazo!! (I did not box him. I lost by 4 RD. decision in the prelim bouts.)
                Last edited by boxingcp; 03-13-2007, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David06 View Post

What is the golden gloves website?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorKillJoy View Post
                    What is the golden gloves website?
                    http://ww.goldenglovesofamerica.com

Comment

Working...
                    X