Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Thinks Marquez Could KO Pacquiao Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mayweather Sr says it then Pacquiao should retire. Its true Pacquiao mentality wise will not be the same he would be much more defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
      I don't think there is a anything to do with KO power. JMM has always being a very good puncher and very precise and that's what gives him the edge because there r guys that hit much harder than him but he throws it at the right time to get the best result. PAC has taken some hard shots in he's career and all the shots he probably he did see coming and took it well since it was not a suprise but the counter over the jab that JMM threw.. Now that right hand pAC never saw coming and given the speed/timing/leverage It produced a great KO for JMM..remember pAC has not being KO'd ever since he was like a kid he has a great beard but he never saw this one that he got hit with he never expected that.
      Regardless of the knock-out, the knock-down also nearly took Pac's head off, after 37 rounds of never knocking him down.

There is a visible uplift in Marquez's power, this is beyond question imo.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 12-19-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Floyd Sr. has always been afraid of Pacquiao. The LAST thing he wants is for Floyd to fight the "great little fighter". Funny how he talks as if a KO loss will ruin Pac when he already has 2 that didn't make a bit of difference to the progression of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Let's be real, Marquez landed the punch of a lifetime one which he was willing to take an a ss whopping just to land..can he do it again? Maybe, is it worth the risk? NO!! He was very close "by his own admission" to being stopped for good in that fight too..does he win the same way? No! I highly doubt it, infact i'll say Manny going in on 1-2 attacks..back out..1-2, back out..beats up Marquez badly which he was doing until he got too comfortable and jumped in. I think Pacquaio is just as responsible as Marquez for that end result.
          Listen man. Marquez has always had Pacquiao's number. Just look at how their fights went in the past. Marquez timed and caught Pacquiao perfectly coming in wide open with a great right hand. Manny hasn't changed one bit since first fighting Marquez style wise while Marquez changed his style up each time to get better results. After this devastating KO, do you really think that JMM is going to let Manny get the one up on him? He took a lot out of Manny with that punch and guaranteed he can do it again because Manny can't adjust and not to mention that JMM has NEVER been KO'd in his whole career or stopped. Manny will be in the ring scared to death of that right hand and it will show during the 5th match up and I'm willing to be that. Roach don't have the defensive strategy to nullify Marquez's counter punching. He could not do it for over 12 years, 3 weight classes and 4 fights. Manny should be focusing on Bradley or some other come forward, non counter punching, slow fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Regardless of the knock-out, the knock-down also nearly took Pac's head off, after 37 rounds of never knocking him down.

Damn,you're stuck on this Marquez is on steroids thing

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch2win28 View Post
              If Pac jumps in like that, i believe he will be knocked out again.
              He could jump in or not, Marquez now has the most definitive win of either, so to me, it doesn't matter what Manny does.....

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              Nice post. I think Manny is done and to match him up with Marquez again is selfish and a definite money move. The only one thinking about Manny's health is his wife and kids. Marquez been had Manny's number but didn't quite perfect it until the 4th fight and now that he has the blue print Manny is going down again but maybe even quicker. Freddie Roach can't improve Pacquiao at this stage and couldn't do it against Marquez for 4 fights, 12 years and 3 weight classes. I say rematch Bradley, get the belt back and call it a day or become a big name gate keeper.
              The win was too definitive IMHO for Pacquiao to return, and if he did come back and lost in a fifth encounter, his fans are so single-mindedly attached to the idea that Manny was KO'd with a lucky punch or that Marquez was juicing that they probably still wouldn't accept reality, seriously.....

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Duran and Lewis, just to name a few, came back from devastating KO's. I'm pretty sure Manny can too. As much as I have disliked Pacquiao for years, it'd really be a shame if he hung up the gloves on that note, he and his (real) fans deserve better. I think he beats everybody besides Marquez or Floyd like KrisSilver said. He can beat the stuffing out of Rios and probably look great. He can also take a Bradley fight and see what transpires out of that. Let's look at the facts, Pacquiao was looking pretty good until Marquez caught him, nobody else is probably gonna come close to stopping Manny. Let's remember that Marquez has spent a good portion of his life obsessed with beating Manny, he didn't lose to just any old opponent.
              The fact is one looks at the whole fight and not just portions one wants to, and how one wants to. The fact is Manny lost, that means he didn't win because he was utterly erased at the end of round six. Some folks have tried to salvage some face for Manny but the fact remains he was lying motionless face first on the mat, that's not a close fight. When the scoring system is rendered pointless, or when it doesn't matter how long the ref is counting, the fighter lying on the ground has been soundly defeated.

Sure Manny could come back but he'd only be doing it for delusional fans that refuse to understand that human beings have limitations and that whatever hero worship that sorrounds their fighter is irrelevant.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Floyd Sr. has always been afraid of Pacquiao. The LAST thing he wants is for Floyd to fight the "great little fighter". Funny how he talks as if a KO loss will ruin Pac when he already has 2 that didn't make a bit of difference to the progression of his career.
              When all else fails resort to magical thinking. Only someone who's having a hard time accepting reality would still be talking about their defeated idol's invincibility, the show's over bro. The circus has pulled up its stakes and is moving on to the next fighter. We can't speculate on a fight that was never going to happen and the fact that it didn't happen had nothing to do with Floyd Sr., or any other random thing. Big fights don't happen for one reason usually, greed......

Comment

In other words what Floyd Sr is trying to say is...."please walk away Manny...I dont you to make a comeback and beat the shlt out of my son"! :manyWORD:

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Let's be real, Marquez landed the punch of a lifetime one which he was willing to take an a ss whopping just to land..can he do it again? Maybe, is it worth the risk? NO!! He was very close "by his own admission" to being stopped for good in that fight too..does he win the same way? No! I highly doubt it, infact i'll say Manny going in on 1-2 attacks..back out..1-2, back out..beats up Marquez badly which he was doing until he got too comfortable and jumped in. I think Pacquaio is just as responsible as Marquez for that end result.
                  You are talking like he was destroying Marquez before that shot. Last time I checked it was pretty much even at that point

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

More like a visible loss in Manny's ability to see punches coming...Manny said he did not hit any harder, but yet we are suppose to listen to you, to hell with the guy who was getting hit.

Comment

If you look at min 1:30 of round 5 o r 4 pAc gets hits with exactly same punch he gets ko with and and other similar pumches through fightt

Comment

Working...
                      X