No announcement yet.

Brittle Hands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brittle Hands

Dunno if a thread has already been made about this, sorry if it has. When I used to box I was plagued by brittle hands and wrists, I'm only 22 now and I'm looking to start sparring again, just to get fit again, but I might have a fight or two if I feel up to it, but I'm worried about my hands/wrists again.

Anybody have any useful advice or tips, I really miss being in the ring!

Is your form on point? Like... You're not bending your wrist inwards at a sharp angle...or sticking your elbow out? That's all I can think of...sorry man. No experience if it's not because of form. Maybe look into the way you wrap your hands too, I nver had an issue there either but it's worth looking into I suppose

Comment

use illegal substance xylocaine like floyd...dunno if you'd getaway with it tho like he does

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        use illegal substance xylocaine like floyd...dunno if you'd getaway with it tho like he does
        Yea, he can only get away with it in Las Vegas, thats why he refuses to fight anywhere else

Comment

xylocaine is legal in Nevada. Its illegal in Texas but they have questionable testing procedures. but thats only with top rank ones like Manny and Chavez Jr so floyd better stay in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
            Dunno if a thread has already been made about this, sorry if it has. When I used to box I was plagued by brittle hands and wrists, I'm only 22 now and I'm looking to start sparring again, just to get fit again, but I might have a fight or two if I feel up to it, but I'm worried about my hands/wrists again.

Anybody have any useful advice or tips, I really miss being in the ring!
            What do you mean by brittle do they break every time you fight or something. Let me tell you my experience, I used to box was a amateur and what not and had solid hands never no problem but I got into a street fight (dumbass I know, I was 17) and broke my middle knuckle and all my wrist bones and tendons poped out of place. when I went back into the gym trained and soon as I put mustard on my punches my shit flared up all over. I had to retrain my hands, basically wax on wax off, punch sand in a bucket, handgrippers, and wrist curls. I did that for about a 6 months(still do it) before i went back into hard full throttle training but before that I would only punch lightly in training and now I attribute all the work I did to retrain my hands on my punching power and such, Have no problem what so every with my hands.

Just what I did, might work for ya. It worked for me. But i took it lightly on my wrist and hand for half a year before i picked up the tempo again.

Comment

Please shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                xylocaine is legal in Nevada. Its illegal in Texas but they have questionable testing procedures. but thats only with top rank ones like Manny and Chavez Jr so floyd better stay in Nevada.
                it's illegal everywhere else too ..keyword is illegal ...only cheaters use illgegal anything...

Comment

Working...
                X