No announcement yet.

Fight you're looking forward to the most post ufc 136

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight you're looking forward to the most post ufc 136

I can't remember a span of time in which there were as many blockbuster fights as we've got in the next 2 months.
    Jones vs Machida
    16.67%
    Lesnar vs Overeem
    0.00%
    Henderson vs Shogun
    33.33%
    Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez
    33.33%
    BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz
    8.33%
    Cormier vs Josh Barnett
    0.00%
    Frank Mir vs Big Nog
    0.00%
    GSP vs Condit
    8.33%
    Fedor vs Monsoon
    0.00%

I'd like to see Hendo-Shogun but to be honest. I want to see GSP-Condit. That's the one I want to see the most.

Comment

I'll watch them all still. But i'm looking forward to another one the most. Oli Thompson vs. Phil De Fries @ UFC 138. 2 British debutants in the Heavyweight division. Oli Thompson is a former Britains Strongest Man in 2006, which is no mean feat trust me!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=512287

Comment

Between Cain/JDS AND Reem/Lesnar..

Probably would go for the Reem/Brock..

Two massive guys..

Reems UFC debut.. how will he do in UFC after ragdolling mainly cans at HW

How will Lesnar bounce back from life threatening surgery and a one sided beat down vs Cain

Can Lesnar take him down before he gets taken out by a knee/punch..???

Also looking forward to Shogun/Henderson should be a WAR.. i hope Dan wins and either fights Anderson again or Jones. Shogun vs Jones wouldn't really appeal to me just yet.. unless he totally destroys Henderson

Comment

Shogun vs Machida and its really NOT EVEN CLOSE! No other fight gurantees fireworks and no idea who's gonna win not to mention their 2 proven legends in a fight real fans have been waitin forEVER.

Comment

I voted for Jones vs Machida because I think it's the most interesting matchup stylewise. Both fighters are known to puzzle opposing opponents with their style and from what I'm read both fighters are going to look to impose their style on the other fighter rather than trying to adjust to the other fighters style.

Haven't seen Cain fight in forever and don't have that much interest.

Brock vs Lesnar is prob the fight that has most potential for fireworks just because of how big and powerful both guys are and how they come from different backgrounds.. one in striking the other in wrestling.

Fedor vs Monsoon is only interesting because it's still Fedor and I believe if Fedor were to lose it would prob be the nail in the coffin for his career. I think this is prob one of this more important fights to try and save his legacy.

Henderson vs Shogun is fun on paper cuz both guys like to brawl and have tremendous power. They both were also legends of pride.

Only other fight I got anything to say about is Cormier vs Barnett. I'm not sure in Barnett's case because of all the steroid scandals he's had before, but I think if Cormier wins he will jump to the ufc. Only thing that's holding this fight back is the fact that Cormier is injured.

Comment

Haha, Jeff Monsoon.

Fedor vs Monson because I've drank some beers with Monson and he's a real down to earth dude, so I'll always root for him..

But as far as excitement goes I think Diaz vs Penn takes the cake, I literally can't wait for this fight. I get pissed every day that it doesn't happen.

Comment

it's a tossup between Cain vs JDS and the Reem vs Brock and I honestly can't pick one...
                cain/jds will probably be a better fight (I am expecting a ****in war), but I really wait Reem to annihilate Brock. KO by knee first round

Comment

The fight I'm most looking forward to is Miguel Torres vs Nick Pace, just because I'm a Torres fan and can't wait to see him back.

Out of the blockbuster fights, probably Overeem-Lesnar, it could go either way and even be a major disappointment, but on paper it just looks spectacular.
                  Then it's GSP-Condit (GSP will win, but Condit is so underrated...) and Henderson vs Rua (undecided on who'll take this, leaning towards Henderson at the moment).

Faber-Bowles is another one that's not on the list.
                  Last edited by rochemback; 10-13-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
                    The fight I'm most looking forward to is Miguel Torres vs Nick Pace, just because I'm a Torres fan and can't wait to see him back.

Out of the blockbuster fights, probably Overeem-Lesnar, it could go either way and even be a major disappointment, but on paper it just looks spectacular.
                    Then it's GSP-Condit (GSP will win, but Condit is so underrated...) and Henderson vs Rua (undecided on who'll take this, leaning towards Henderson at the moment).

Faber-Bowles is another one that's not on the list.
                    Damn straight Torres is the ****in man! I was so mad when mighty mouse loss because I wanted a Torres-Johnson rematch for the belt! I still feel Miguel Torres in his prime would whoop Cruz's ass because he's such a versatile striker that could pick Cruz apart and outgrapple him but now idk he's a lil too tentative nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                    X