Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, is there anyone in here who doesn't see SRR as the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Don't know enough and considering 90% of his prime is not on tape only those who saw him live can really say anything, and I doubt that's anyone here.

....truth....people should just stop pretending they know the details in ssr fights......

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
      I don't think anyone here is saying Pacquiao is the GOAT.
      he's more obsessed with pacquiao more than any other *******s here...

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Even today I doubt fighters could go 130-1. They had to fight mroe rounds then than now, and their bodys were not given time to rest. After 8 fights in 2 months some of todays cupcakes body's would break down on them and would lose to bum level fighters.
        Exactly.

None of the candyasses today could fight like that, even against journeymen.

Not even my precious JMM could do that ****.

Comment

I think you can argue Sam Langford as no 1.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Henry Amrstong
            Harry Greb
            Archie Moore
            Willie Pep
            Benny Leonard

Are all atleast equal to Ray Robinson.
            You are a moron, there is no gettign around it. Archie Moore, Pep, Leonard, and Grep were not on his level. The only comparison that could be made is Armstrong, and even that would be dumb.

Comment

I would essentially say the same thing the concenus says Ray Robinson is the greatest and can never be touched, but I find that hogwash because humans evolve and I refuse to believe the perfect fighting man was born 80 years ago and can not be touched by todays man with modern methods. Also boxing has been going on for so long and there are so many factors to consider that really picking a sigle top guy is pretty much a fools errand.

Ray Robinson was a great fighters no doubt though he deserves his accolades.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
                Finally, this is one idiot I expected in here.

Give us your number 1 fishy.

I'm all ears.
                charlie zellenof!.......mullet boxer close second....

Comment

well, for starters just off the top of my mind (from what ive seen of SRR) I'm not so sure he'd beat leonard or hearns

of course he could beat them

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                    ....truth....people should just stop pretending they know the details in ssr fights......
                    Its not hard to find out. His career is pretty well documented

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      Even today I doubt fighters could go 130-1. They had to fight mroe rounds then than now, and their bodys were not given time to rest. After 8 fights in 2 months some of todays cupcakes body's would break down on them and would lose to bum level fighters.
                      some modern guys could have done it.

if a guy fights 10-15 guys a year , they're NOT all top level competition , street.

they can't be.

if you look at sugar's resume he fought a lot of greats numerous times.

but he also fought a lot of guys numerous times who wasn't great.

Comment

Working...
                      X